Mainship 34 2007 Locating Sea-fire control box

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FoxyUK

I own a twin engine 2007 Mainship 34 equipped with a Glendinning electronic dual helm control. The boat is owned from new.

We’ve encountered a port engine start problem which seems to emanate from the electrics i.e. its not a mechanical engine problem.

Tracing the wiring has been a bit of a challenge. The boat is equipped with a sea-fire engine stop safety control.

We need to identify the location of the sea-fire control box to check the wiring around it. But we cant seem to locate it.

Does anyone recall historically where Mainship tended to position these?

Welcome aboard. Sorry I can’t help with your problem.

On my 2008 34 HT it is under the hinged helm panel. Mine is a single but doubt that makes any difference.

Thanks Don. I’d imagine the configuration is similar.

My engineer said he had looked in there (essentially in the compartment beneath the helm) but maybe he missed it.

I’m 50 miles from the boat but will double check when I next head down.

Appreciate your coning back to me.

Best

Gerard

I can't speak to the location on your boat, but if you have one of the gray Sea Fire shutdown controls, they are highly prone to failure in a way that will shut down everything that's attached to them, and provide no indication ont he control panel. I know on many (dozens) of cases, including my own boat. Fortunately mine failed at the dock, not will transiting the narrow, rocky passage leading to the dock where I was at the time. The old black box version seems to have no issues, or at least I know of no failures.

Ah. That sounds more worrying. Thanks for the heads up.

Best

Gerard

See if other things that should be controlled by the Sea Fire are also disabled. Do the ER blower fans work, or have they mysteriously stopped working? What about the generator, assuming it’s in the ER? Propane system? I’m just guessing at what else might be controlled by it, but those would be typical.

Our Sea-Fire control box is located under the hinged lower helm. It's attached to the part that lifts up. Disclaimer: ours is a 430 trawler.

Ours is also under hinged helm on 07 Pilot 34

Back
Top Bottom