2009 Integrity 346 ES

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jgreene69

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Open Return
Vessel Make
Integrity 346ES
If you want a new boat built on the Island Gypsy mold, take a serious look at the "Integrity" 346 ES. Just purchased mine & I love this little boat. Spacious engine room, cavernous storage and just a great "couples" trawler.

Could you post a pic? There was a 35 with FB sold here based on Halvorsen moulds, it might have sold elsewhere as a 346ES.
There are a few 426ES Integrity boats around. Instantly recognizable as IG40 hulls, extended by moulding the swimstep as part of the hull.

The link that "Irene" shared is of my boat. "Open Return"... Thanks Irene....

Can see this is almost same mould as my 36 IG.

Attachments

• Vivante 2.jpg
    Vivante 2.jpg
    183.9 KB · Views: 152
I think Jiang Hua "acquired" the IG moulds. If I outlaid the $139USD + shipping for Mark Halvorsen`s book there might be more information.
Integrity normally installs singles unlike IG. Though the 426ES has twins, and I once only saw a 36ft 2006 or thereabouts boat sold with twins. It really resembled an IG36, updated, I think it had the "ES" descriptor.
So jgreene69,you should have a good handling hull courtesy of Harvey Halvorsen`s design work.Later boats seem to have more design input from Jiang Hua, to what effect I do not know.
Sagdito, what is your hull number? My 1981 boat is no.39.

Can see this is almost same mould as my 36 IG.

I realise this thread is more than two years old, but just have to say I saw this boat in the flesh recently in Tasmania and the only way to describe her is wow!
She is a real credit to her owners, well done indeed.

Which Model did you see?
I've recently seen an Integrity 346ES with twin Yanmars for sale In North Carolina. But in sad shape.

Osmosis was specifically an aftermarket option for IG's. It was automatically added, at no extra cost, once the vessel was launched.

The theory was that it provided added buoyancy. My boat is extremely buoyant!

Osmosis was not optional with IGs.I`ve heard of "go fast" car stripes being "a delete option" but that wasn`t available either.

Looking for a little guidance on the346 ES

There is one for sale that we are considering for our next vessel.
Any suggestions regarding what to look for as potential issues, things to consider, etc. would be appreciated.

It’s been 8 years since we sold Autumn Dream and we are ready to explore boating here in Florida.

Thanks!

Any suggestions regarding what to look for as potential issues, things to consider, etc. would be appreciated.

It’s been 8 years since we sold Autumn Dream and we are ready to explore boating here in Florida.

Thanks!

Some boats just look right, and imo, Integrity have reproduced the fantastic Island Gypsy trawler lines with their earlier 34’s to 42’s, not so much with their latest offerings, then again, many boat manufacturers have gone down that path.

As mentioned, small blistering below the hull waterline (they also weren’t alone with this issue) has been associated with the brand, but in this country these boats are plentiful and well regarded from what I’ve seen.

Of course all usual boat buying checks need to be done, as you never know what previous owners have done or not done with maintenance items.

Thanks!
We bought a 2005 386 with twin Cummins in 2020, turned out a better boat than I expected. It has antifoul bubbling but the gelcoat is not affected/penetrated.
We strengthened the steering rack in the lazarette, shipwright thought it was flexing,causing steering and running gear issues.
You could post details of the proposed boat if you want more detailed comment.
PS. I found the advert, it looks good. No underwater pics though.

Last edited:
Thank you

We appreciate the responses and information. We decided that this was not the right fit for us, and have moved on… Still trying to determine what type of trawler will best meet our current needs and wants.

We bought a 2005 386 with twin Cummins in 2020, turned out a better boat than I expected. It has antifoul bubbling but the gelcoat is not affected/penetrated.

Bruce, what do you mean by 'antifoul bubbling' Is this an osmosis issue or something else?

IG versus Integrity

Hello, I am considering buying a 2000' 36ft Europa powered by two cummins 250 to replace my current Island Gypsy 36 quad cabin with two ford 125.Could you comment on the differences at sea? I was surprise to find out that the Integrity has a 1.6m draft, much deeper than the IG.

My 2005 Integrity 386ES, Cummins 210s which is plenty, no aftercoolers,is a much better seaboat than the IG36 Europa I owned for 10 years. It has a distinct resemblance to the IG. Cuts through waves rather than bouncing over them so they clearly improved the hull. I`d check the draft, they don`t look that different underwater.
Can you post the advert or a pic if you have other questions.

Hi Olivier,
The guys who delivered mine from Melbourne to Sydney reported 35L combined per hour but that was open sea. I`ve not tested it myself. They were pleased with the offshore handling.

The bottom looks sound in osmosis terms, but what`s that circular thing on the transom?
It has a lot of external teak decking, including fwd. Maybe it`s ok with European sun exposure, here fwd exposed unprotected teak is best avoided.
It looks well laid out inside, similar to mine, though there are differences, like headroom over the basin in the head. The hull incorporates the swimstep too.
Jiang Hua continued building based on Halvorsen moulds after IG ceased operation.
I`ve been pleasantly surprised by build quality. Check the condition of the fresh water distribution hoses, they may be aging.

We were advised to strengthen the steering rack, flexing seemed to be contributing to rudder issues incl. one rudder shaft tube requiring rebuilding.
It should be highly maneuverable with twins and thrusters. Probably has more power than it can use.
As always, survey thoroughly incl mechanicals, but know things will likely be missed or seen but misinterpreted, they were on mine.

Thanks Bruce,
Not sure what the circular thing is. Hope to see it next week and find out.
Thank you for the info on rudder issues. I'll have it checked. I plan on having a thorough survey, I've learned since I bought my IG36 and had to change all the hull through fittings as well as the complete exhaust systems.
My IG has a complete teak decking which looks nice but needs a lot of cleaning and gets hot in the middle of summer around Corsica and Sardegna where I like to sail. But I'm used to that and refresh it with sea water when my wife's tender feet get burnt.
I'll let you know my visit goes.
Best regards.

That round thing on the mirror is a stern thruster.

That round thing on the mirror is a stern thruster.
The sternthruster is obvious to anyone, it`s what`s to the left of the sternthruster that concerns me. I know what a mirror is but can`t see one.

bateau-nautica-36-europa-9160192-yb.jpg

Last edited:
The sternthruster is obvious to anyone, it`s what`s to the left of the sternthruster that concerns me. I know what a mirror is but can`t see one.

bateau-nautica-36-europa-9160192-yb.jpg

Perhaps an old anode base or the remains of an old underwater light?

From the pics of the flybridge helm controls, she has had some serious exposure to the UV from the degradation to the instrument lenses, and as Bruce has previously mentioned, thoroughly check the foredeck teak, especially if it has been screwed down (dowel plugs at regular intervals along the teak strips).
From the engine room pics, considering she is only 24 years old, it resembles an older vessel, not much love has been bestowed in there.

From the pics of the flybridge helm controls, she has had some serious exposure to the UV from the degradation to the instrument lenses, and as Bruce has previously mentioned, thoroughly check the foredeck teak, especially if it has been screwed down (dowel plugs at regular intervals along the teak strips).
From the engine room pics, considering she is only 24 years old, it resembles an older vessel, not much love has been bestowed in there.
Useful observations! That area to port on the transom looks, as Dave the mechanic at my last marina would say "festered". Doing my best I can`t see plugged screw holes on the teak decking, maybe on the last(?first) one adjacent to the cabin which is sometimes fixed, so hopefully it`s all glued not screwed. I didn`t think the ER looked too bad, I liked the instruments fitted on one engine(? both) but, almost any ER benefits from a clean up.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom