bird poo

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I dont have access to a pressure washer until I haul out . I was hoping for some chemical that reacts with the white stuff but not the glass deck

A bucket of deck wash and a deck scrubber with some elbow grease does it for me. The residual marks seem to disappear as the water dries. Thats on my Sydney seagulls:)

I use Clorox spray cleaner

I find that if you leave it on long enough, it stains the gelcoat and it takes a fiberglass restoration product ot light rubbing compound to make the stains go away.

Wash it off within a couple days and boat soap and elbow grease seems to do it.

I was suprised what a good rain shower does.

I was on the boat one day and had not the time to clean it was pretty bad.

The next day it rained the 3rd day I came back expecting a mess. She was clean.

Unlesss some boat knomes came by and cleaned it for me.

SD

Attachments

• thumbnail.jpg
    thumbnail.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 112
Soak a rag with water mixed with dish-washing liquid, fold several times, place on the bird mess, cover with a plastic bag so it doesn't dry out and leave for 24 hours. The poop will/should then be soft enough to remove with a scrub-brush.

-- Edited by Shoalwaters on Wednesday 28th of March 2012 03:24:16 PM

I used an ice scraper this morning to get a HUGE dried poop of my car windshield.* It worked like a charm!

I use magic erasers for stains on the boat.

The first several months, my boat*seemed immune.* Thought the yellow pilothouse roof made birds uncomfortable roosting on the mast.* If so, the effect was temporary.* Now birds (seagulls and blackbirds, mostly)*poop on the boat regularly.* Thank goodness the coots, grebes, and ducks prefer staying in the water.

Attachments

• duckies.jpg
    duckies.jpg
    131.3 KB · Views: 68
  • coot in berth.jpg
    coot in berth.jpg
    179.5 KB · Views: 61
Mark, we need to figure a way to convince more folks to call Vallejo home! With so few boats in the slips the birds have fewer places to roost. So the odds of the flying pigs landing on our boats are increasing!

Ray, you're quite correct.

Attachments

• boats gone 1.jpg
    boats gone 1.jpg
    161.7 KB · Views: 74
  • pig.jpg
    pig.jpg
    168.4 KB · Views: 65
Spider pig Spider pig. Does what ever a spider pig does.
Homer coot.
SD

Mark, we need to figure a way to convince more folks to call Vallejo home! With so few boats in the slips the birds have fewer places to roost. So the odds of the flying pigs landing on our boats are increasing!

This message has been brought to you by the Vallejo Chamber of Commerce;):D

Back
Top Bottom