We have converted

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Beanie

Our conversion to the dark side is complete.* We have purchased Pelican, a Conboy 39' Pilot House Trawler, originally listed Yachtworld at:* http://www.yachtworld.com/boats/1982/Joseph-L.-Conboy-Pilothouse-2438525/New-Bern/NC/United-States

It has passed survey and all is left is write some checks.* Our intention is to take it to Mystic, CT where we have a mooring in the river, and then to continue to cruise "God's country."* We'll live aboard for 3 or 4 months before returning to the warmth of our home in Southern Florida.

*Thanks for those of you who have advised these aged sailors in their conversion.* We not sure what we will do when then wind pipes up and we have no rags to raise, but some how we hope a glass of wine will sooth the pain.

Hope to have some pictures soon.

Great!* You've seen the light!

I couldn't make a complete break from sails. So I have vestigials.

-- Edited by markpierce on Tuesday 27th of March 2012 05:37:40 PM

When you folks go over to the dark side you really go over in style don't you!*

Beautiful looking boat - congratulations!!!

Tell Peterson that Bess and I say "Hi!"

I am guessing that galley sold the Admiral. Looks great! Never heard of these boats, but definitely a unique design, and plenty of character.

Very nice! If you ever hit Miami, I'd love a tour of the boat.

markpierce wrote:
*Mark, they have medicine for that nowadays,

FlyWright wrote:markpierce wrote:
*Mark, they have medicine for that nowadays,

*I must have the wrong health plan, Al.

Good luck beanie

Beanie wrote.....
"We're not sure what we will do when then wind pipes up and we have no rags to raise, but some how we hope a glass of wine will sooth the pain."

That's the time when you will love the change the most - apart from all the extra headroom and storage all the time that is. When the wind comes up....instead of the conversation being..."gee honey, I don't like the look/feel of this wind change, I think we better take down the genoa and put up the jib, and maybe take a tuck in the main...just in case..."
Instead you'll be saying..."winds piping up a bit honey...would you just check the ports and saloon windows are secured in case it rains, we don't want wet seats or a bed tonight do we...oh, and after that, how about a muggacoffee sweetie...it's getting a bit chilly..."

Ps - those were unisex descriptions - it could go either way, depending on who likes to drive (pilot), and who like to cook...

-- Edited by Peter B on Wednesday 28th of March 2012 06:04:58 AM

Fear not O'Beanie-wan the force is with you.

SD

She's a beauty! Congrats!

In YW ad... listed at 39 foot LOA,*with 18 foot 6 inch beam!* Talk about room to spare!

Can we spell Comfort!!

Peter B wrote:
Beanie wrote.....
"We're not sure what we will do when then wind pipes up and we have no rags to raise, but some how we hope a glass of wine will sooth the pain."

That's the time when you will love the change the most - apart from all the extra headroom and storage all the time that is. When the wind comes up....instead of the conversation being..."gee honey, I don't like the look/feel of this wind change, I think we better take down the genoa and put up the jib, and maybe take a tuck in the main...just in case..."
Instead you'll be saying..."winds piping up a bit honey...would you just check the ports and saloon windows are secured in case it rains, we don't want wet seats or a bed tonight do we...oh, and after that, how about a muggacoffee sweetie...it's getting a bit chilly..."

Ps - those were unisex descriptions - it could go either way, depending on who likes to drive (pilot), and who like to cook...
Yep and if is is raining, no need for foulies, just drive below (I didn't check the ad to see if you have a lower helm,*hope you do).* It is so great to be down below in shorts and pass the sailboaters all bundled up.* Don't miss the rags at all.* I'm thinking of selling my dubarry boots, can't imagine needing them anymore...

edit: PILOTHOUSE, how could I miss that.* You will LOVE IT.* congratulations!!!!!

-- Edited by Pineapple Girl on Wednesday 28th of March 2012 10:11:52 AM

13 years ago when we switched from sail to trawler we also thought we were slipping into the dark side. Little did we know it was just the opposite. Let there be light...

I was on a Conboy about 30 years ago. Beautiful layout and Very nice craftsmanship. I believe they were made on the eastern shore of Virginia. Congrats

Back
Top Bottom