Thread: Manatee Owners
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2012, 01:37 PM   #14
Nailahs Trawler

RE: Manatee Owners

I'm so glad I've happened upon this forum!

My wife and I have gone through all the steps here in Canada towards being liveaboards.* We've sold our home, have downsized and sold off the leftovers.* While saving our coin we've been researching Trawlers galore with of course the Kadey 42 ending up at the top of the list of the many reviewed.

Then pops up the Manatee to mess with our heads with it's*simply awsome layout.* Our intention is to head into and throughout the Caribbean, not wanting to be coastal cruisers.* We absolutely love the design of the Manatee for the purpose of living and it's economics, despite it's odd exterior appearance.

Here's our problem that I hope some of you have been able to experience:* It's safety.*

The 42's full displacement with an 85 degree self-righting ability gives us that secure feeling in rough seas we may encounter.*Is the Manatee strictly a coastal boat, or could it handle some heavy seas?* For example, would it be able to make the run from say, Florida to Cozumel, or*the Cayman Islands over to Panama, or the Turneffe in Belize etc?

If any of you have guidance with the Manatee's seaworthiness, we would so very much appreciate it!* It just might help us switch our choice.

Dan
Nailahs Trawler is offline   Reply With Quote