marine head faucet

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jskinner30PII

Vessel Make
Mainship Pilot 30' Rumrunner
Looking to replace my head shower / sink faucet. 2006 Main ship Pilot II.
It has a four inch faucet center, sink / shower. The new ones all look like single hole . If I use a single hole it will off center existing four inch center.
Has anyone updated these faucet. What did you use????:confused:
Thanks Jeff.

A picture might be more helpful.

This is a picture of a faucet like mine. The new ones are single mounting hole, with pull out faucet head. This is four or six inch spread. I have not seen a decent looking replacement. The existing one is somewhat cheese?

Attachments

• head shower  sink faucet.jpg
    head shower sink faucet.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 59
I did the faucet in both heads and the galley. However my heads have a separate shower and sink faucet. For the sinks I just went to Lowes and got a 4” center faucet. For the shower, I used a Skandvik shower faucet. Unfortunately it only went to 3 1/2” center instead of the 4” that was there before. I made a cover plate out of 1/4” white Starboard to cover the old holes that the new faucet did not cover. Maybe check Skandvik and see if they make something that will work for you.

Check RV sources...typical tub/shower setup.

Thanks for comments.
The RV ones will work. Is everything plastic now a days? I was thinking I would fine a chrome plated brass faucet but they are mostly plastic.

Skandvik does have one with a pullout shower head, but it is a one hole faucet. You could make a cover that will cover the extra holes and mount in under the faucet. I made on e out of 1/4” white Starboard. The Skandvik part number is 46011P.

I went thru this 10 years ago and decided the faucets I was looking at were junk and the old (1976) faucet was solid brass and fit the design of the boat (a 1976 traditional trawler). I made the decision to rechrome the existing fixtures. The cost was about the same as purchasing new and I think they look a lot better in the boat. Plus didn't have to worry about making new fixtures fit.

Thanks for comments.
The RV ones will work. Is everything plastic now a days? I was thinking I would fine a chrome plated brass faucet but they are mostly plastic.

First, if you're in salt water chrome might not be the best bet. I've found even the "pewter look" faucets get pitted in the salt air.

My quest has been to find a 4" faucet with shower head diverter that has a long enough spout that the water stream is more than 1"-2" from the edge of the sink. Ideal would be a "bar sink" style with the big overhead arc. At this point I'd even take plastic. It's SO frustrating to try to wash your hands with the stream right up along the edge of the sink!

Last edited:
First, if you're in salt water chrome might not be the best bet. I've found even the "pewter look" faucets get pitted in the salt air.

My quest has been to find a 4" faucet with shower head diverter that has a long enough spout that the water stream is more than 1"-2" from the edge of the sink. Ideal would be a "bar sink" style with the big overhead arc. At this point I'd even take plastic. It's SO frustrating to try to wash your hands with the stream right up along the edge of the sink!
Good point. I'm glad you mentioned that. Gives me some more notes to add to my build. :thumb:

Note#1,298,975,643 Buy a good faucet that doesn't cause you to bang your hands into the back of the sink. Make sure the salt air won't turn it into crap.

If a saltwater environment pits the chrome, it is probably chromed zamac. Chrome on bronze or brass is not as likely to pit as, for example, the lever arm on Morse controls or cheap Perko cleats, which are chromed zamac. Another case of you get what you pay for.

Back
Top Bottom