Bimini, Bahamas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mike Lowthian

Vessel Name
Acadia ll
Vessel Make
CHB
My boat is in Miami and missed Hurricane Dorian. We are planning to go over to Bimini next week and was wondering how Bimini made out from the storm. Have checked news reports etc and can't seem to find much. Anyone have any idea?

I live in Miami and the local news media have given extensive coverage to the damage in the Bahamas. I haven’t heard anything about Bimini.

There was a Bahamian official on TV last night basically begging people to come to the Bahamas. He said most of the Bahamas was unaffected and they need you to come and spend money.

We heard from Great Harbour Cay in the Eastern Berry Islands. Pretty much all ok. The water in GHC Marina had about a 3’ surge and never got over the docks. Everyone lost power, about half the area has it back within 48 hours. Bimini should be fine.

Wifey B: Bimini is more in South Florida, not impacted. :)

Bimini is a suburb of Miami. :rofl:

"There was a Bahamian official on TV last night basically begging people to come to the Bahamas. He said most of the Bahamas was unaffected and they need you to come and spend money."

If they really wanted folks to come they could drop the fee for just being there.

There's another tropical disturbance headed that way early in the week

Sorry to go off topic for a second, but what or who is “wifey b”?

Sorry to go off topic for a second, but what or who is “wifey b”?

The smarter and better looking half of B & B. That’s how we know if it is Mr. B or Mrs. B who is posting.

That is what I surmised, especially the smarter and prettier part, :), but I just wanted to confirm. Thanks.

Based on what I have read on TF, from others that know you well, this is a given.

Wifey B: Enough praise of Wifey B: In person, half of you would love me and half would think I'm crazy and hate me. And in my opinion, hubby b is amazing and I'm so lucky he saw in me what others hadn't looked for and helped me discover who I could be.

Now, back to boating please. :)

My boat is in Miami and missed Hurricane Dorian. We are planning to go over to Bimini next week and was wondering how Bimini made out from the storm. Have checked news reports etc and can't seem to find much. Anyone have any idea?

Bimini was untouched. Current sea state is going to delay your trip till late next week though. 6 to 10 ft and higher in the Gulfstream makes for a really uncomfortable crossing!

Wifey B: Yes, no boating this week and none this weekend. I'm having serious withdrawal. Looks like midday Tuesday and then Wednesday things open up again. :)

Back
Top Bottom