Vitrifrigo problems

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BobH

Guru
Vessel Name
Encore
Vessel Make
Whitby 42
We have a Vitrifrigo upright refrigerator that suddenly stopped working. I suspect either the electronics module or the compressor. Wondering if anyone had any eperience with these units.

Thanks,

Bob

Newer Vitrifrigos use the Danfoss compressor, considered the best. How old is your unit? Get your VOM out and start chasing where the current stops. Insure your breaker is good too.*If you can locate a good RV repair*guy, they are pretty good at chasing these types of issues. My Tundra cratered after 4 years due to poor air circulation, insure you have good venting.

On our Vitrifrigo (4 yrs old), there is a fuse located on the circuit board. I'd check that first. Unfortuantely, I have not had good luck with is since replacing the old Norcold. The latest issue is that it won't run directly on the 12v side. When on the hook, we must run the inverter to keep it cold. I am told I need to replave the AC/DC Electronic module.

It was (alledgedly) purchased in 2006. I checked power at the module terminals and also checked the fuse on the circuit board, all OK. It is a major pain to get out of it's enclosure and we are currently not on the boat. I have picked up some trouble shooting hints on the net since returning home and will try those next time we are on the boat.

If it's the electronics module I've been thinking of replacing the AC/DC module with a DC only unit, about $100 cheaper. If we have AC then the battery charger is charging the batteries so I don' rewally see the need for AC operation.

Bob

Thanks, I have been in touch with him. Can't do much else until we get back to the boat.

Bob

Vitrifrigo, BD50F problems

Attached the test LED and got two flashes indicating fan overload. Disconnected the fan and still get two flashes. Time for a new controller? Currently it's an AC/DC unit but thinking of replacing it with just a DC unit.

Bob

Went ahead and bought a DC only controller. Installed it and cleaned up some really bad DC wiring and the fridge runs again.

Bob

Well Done! Thanks for the update

Back
Top Bottom