Old 09-14-2019, 01:52 AM   #15
AZ2Loop
Veteran Member

City: Carefree, AZ and French Lick, IN
Vessel Name: Sea-N-Stars
Vessel Model: 1990 49' Albin
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadMistress View Post
You posted your schematic while I was typing...is there any chance we could relocate the tank?

--Peggie
Relocating the tank would be quite a project, but possible. A better solution would be to reroute the line from the port side forward head, around the outside of the port side dinette (which is just aft of the head and just forward of the bulkhead). The line could cross from port to starboard without dropping down under that companionway sole because it would already be in the engine room (so no need to go low). I think that is the ultimate solution if this causes problems.

It is not an easy reroute, but will do if need be. I will have to tear into some cabinets, and move a few things on that bulkhead.

It has run like this for 30 years and it must have worked as the previous owners did use the boat extensively.

I am hoping that since the top of vent/loop can be considerably higher (around a foot) than the top of the holding tank, that things will flow pretty well despite the "uphill" near the tank. I am actually raising the height of that loop compared to how it was, which I think will only help matters unless I am misunderstanding something. I am also using PVC for most of the run. Finally, I am using high quality hose where hose is required. Hopefully all of these things will decrease the odds of trouble.

Obviously the pump/motor on the toilet is a macerator so the solids should be minor. If it was 100% liquid, I would not be concerned. I guess I will know soon how problematic it is. I really appreciate the thoughts. Thanks everyone.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	still drain.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	48.0 KB
ID:	93943  
AZ2Loop is offline   Reply With Quote