Old 09-13-2019, 11:29 PM   #10
AZ2Loop
Veteran Member

City: Carefree, AZ and French Lick, IN
Vessel Name: Sea-N-Stars
Vessel Model: 1990 49' Albin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
Listen to Peggie. . She should chime in.
My opinion is option B is essentially creating a very large trap and will be a problem unless you figure out how.mych you need to flush to clear the whole line and that will likely fill the tank fairly quickly.
Can you go more directly (level or higher close to the tiolet) to the holding tank and add a macerator pump from tank for overboard discharge?
I think you have an excellent point about option B essentially creating a very large trap, and the amount of flushing to clear it. That makes a great argument for lifting high early, then lifting a little after it gets to the tank (which is option A, and how it was originally set up).

And there is a macerator pump from the holding tank for overboard discharge (when/where appropriate, of course).

Since there is a macerator pump, I was considering abandoning the Y-valve and just having a high loop, so it has to go to the tank. Although I did see once where Peggy suggested having your vented loop, then your Y-valve (essentially stacking them) and then your vented loop is serving both lines (direct overboard and to holding tank). I do like that idea.

Thanks for your thoughts.
AZ2Loop is offline   Reply With Quote