Ability to track hurricanes to decrease by 30%

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They’re rocket scientists. They will figure it out.
NASA not Salon :D

Last edited:
I guess the simple solution would be for the cell phone providers to turn off 5G transmitters/repeaters and just provide 3G/4G service for the few days per year that a hurricane was nearing populated areas.

Hipsters and "social media influencers" constantly doing facebookLIVE streaming won't like it much though.

The RF airwaves have seen a number of re-arrangements in recent years. TV channels have moved around, and some are still moving again. It's a bit trickier here since this is about detecting water/cloud vapor from space. Not a trivial change when your sensors are in orbit. A big question is whether the low power necessary for cell 5G will carry far enough to be an issue here.

An added problem is the current "fox guarding the hen house" situation at the FCC (and other US agencies).

An added problem is the current "fox guarding the hen house" situation at the FCC (and other US agencies).

If this was a "fox guarding the hen house situation" the NOAA would be downplaying the warning to protect "big business" rather than being the ones to broadcast the warning.

Seems that this is a case of genuinely trying to protect people.

Im just saying that if in this case the fox was guarding the henhouse the NOAA wouldn't be issuing the warning that would interfere with the FCC conducting their business (or AT&T, Verizon, etc).

I don't know why you want to insert politics into a purely informational and safety related warning by a government agency.

Im just saying that if in this case the fox was guarding the henhouse the NOAA wouldn't be issuing the warning that would interfere with the FCC conducting their business (or AT&T, Verizon, etc).

I don't know why you want to insert politics into a purely informational and safety related warning by a government agency.

The backstory of how it's happening is important. One agency is selling air waves without heeding concerns from another.

What a bunch of fear-mongering. :banghead::banghead:

......“Right now the uncertainty is to what extent there will be an interference,” he added.

Back
Top Bottom