View Single Post
Old 08-31-2019, 11:06 AM   #1
ksanders
Moderator Emeritus

City: SEWARD ALASKA
Vessel Name: DOS PECES
Vessel Model: BAYLINER 4788
My furnace broke a record!

In 2011 I installed three Wallace forced air furnaces in my 4788 Bayliner.

One heats the lower cabins, one heats the salon, and the third is for heating and defrost in the pilothouse. 30,000 BTU total heating capacity.

Of all three furnaces the one heating the lower cabins gets the most work. Since the cabins are surrounded by water it runs quite a bit.

The furnaces have been reliable, but of course each one has needed some work along the way.

Last week the cabin furnace would not start. I knew it was a glow plug from experience but I decided to send it in to the dealer in Seattle Scan Marine as it has never been checked out with their nifty exhaust gas analyzer. They only charge $150 for labor so it was time for a checkup.

The tech called me a day after it arrived (quick service!) and told me that I had set a record at 27,000 hours of run time. I was impressed! That is ALOT of run time!

Well, a new burner, glow plug, and thermocouple later the stove is back working perfectly!

I cannot say enough good about a product on a boat that lasts 27,000 hours, or a company that gets after fixing the product less than 24 hours after it arrives in their shop!
https://maps.findmespot.com/s/XLJZ#history/assets
ksanders is offline   Reply With Quote