Old 08-30-2019, 05:04 PM   #13
Insequent
TF Site Team

City: Brisbane
Vessel Name: Insequent
Vessel Model: Ocean Alexander 50 Mk I
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Meisinger View Post
Care to share the cost ? My P.O. had both steel tanks removed, cut the bottoms of them and reinstalled with new bottoms. Of course the engine had to come out. This was over 10 years ago and I believe the cost then was about $8,000.00

New tanks are like a new engine. A great selling point but don't really add anything to the selling price.

It sure is beautiful work!!

pete
I had a lot of work done, and don't know the cost of individual items as the labor in particular was not broken down in that level of detail. Overall cost is something I've never talked about. It was a stupid amount, no make that really stupid amount to spend! But I like the result! Materials for the refit came to US$350k in 2012-13. Did I mention I did replace just about all systems? I did increase the value quite a bit, but nowhere near what I spent.

For tanks, if you need to remove and replace engines for access then the cost increases a lot. In part because its the ideal time to replace a bunch of other stuff that is difficult to access normally so project scope expands quickly.