Music favs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sorry about posting the bad link. I’m trying to get use to my I pad, and not doing so well with it.

Here’s one for the Florida boys. Listen for the last line where the Kingston Trio pokes a little fun at the Everly Brothers.

Next is the theme song for an early sixties TV show based on the above song.

“Long Cool Girl” Mark Knopfler

If you are heading off for a time on your boat, especially to the Islands, then take along "The Very Best Of UB40."

Simple music, that will keep you smiling and swaying! Not one song misses the mark!

Rufus, Love Blue Man Group. I’ve seen them live twice. Once in Lost Wages and once at the University of Miami.

Menzies, Great Reggae!

Did you guys know that Dr. House / Bertie Wooster could sing? Try this one.

HopCar, Google Fry and Laurie!

Well known in the UK for his comedy for decades!

Menzies, those two are so good together!

Saw these two excellent song writers perform this separately at the Bluebird. Wonderful writing and I much prefer their version to Doug Stone’s hit.

https://youtu.be/8eEuUrvA3DI

Rufus, two excellent choices! The problem is that every time I hear Bolero I see marching Dinosaurs. This is an animation I saw at a film festival back in the seventies. It’s stuck with me all these years.

For me, Bolero means Torvill and Dean getting max scores on the ice during the 84 Olympics!

Last edited:
" Holding Back the Years" - Simply Red. Recorded live at Montreux Jazz Festival. (We spent a morning at the fabled Montreux. Driving through, just this June, they were setting up for the Festival, but we were moving on. Music, stages, theatre, everywhere.

Greetings,
There IS a play list...

I beg to differ on the title of the vid BUT some very early versions of familiar tunes.

Greetings,
There IS a play list...

I beg to differ on the title of the vid BUT some very early versions of familiar tunes.

Great find, RT. Stuff here I never saw before, like the banter between Jerry Garcia and Hugh Hefner and Black Sabbath at their peak. No wonder my parents stayed worried.

Marty, that one hits pretty close to home. Nice.
This one is a collaboration of some of the finest musicians of our time.
Unfortunately several of them have reached the end of the line now.
One of them, Roy Orbison, reached his end after recording the song but before the video was made. Watch for his guitar and photo and listen for his voice.

Tony Bennett is now 93,and as far as I know, still performing. An amazing career! With Diana Krall, he does a great job of "They Can`t Take That Away From Me". They will eventually, but what a musical giant to celebrate.And to think that decades ago, his career was rescued from the rocks when the great pianist Bill Evans and he got together, to make an album.

The Average White Band, surprisingly, was based in Scotland.
Another track, sounding even more "Earth Wind & Fire", is "Atlantic Avenue", I decided this was better:

Give this guy a try. The song has the line “Son of a bitch, Give me a drink”.

If you like Brazilian music, you might like the late George Duke, who wrote the classic: "A Brazilian Love Affair", performing it at the Java Jazz Festival in Jakarta. I suspect Incognito, who later recorded the song as a tribute to him,were also there and had a hand in the arrangement.

If you like Brazilian music, you might like the late George Duke, who wrote the classic: "A Brazilian Love Affair", performing it at the Java Jazz Festival in Jakarta. I suspect Incognito, who later recorded the song as a tribute to him,were also there and had a hand in the arrangement.

Thanks, Bruce. That is just sooooo cool. It just rocks!

Last edited:
By the way, I’ve been a fan of the Latin beats since I first heard Bossa Nova back in the ‘60s.

Some may have heard this story before. While cruising through our big shopping mall a few years back, I stopped in at a music store. A nice young man said can I help you? I said something like yes, do you have any Bossa Nova. He replied, and I quote, “I’m not familiar with that group”.

.. I stopped in at a music store. A nice young man said can I help you? I said something like yes, do you have any Bossa Nova. He replied, and I quote, “I’m not familiar with that group”.
What he would have thought about "Brazilian". A cosmetic procedure?
It is tantalizing music for me, fits easily into the "smooth jazz" genre. Fortunately it still has lots of good musicians, though I think the Buena Vista Social Club (from Cuba?) might have retired.

Recorded a long while ago in the UK, Each and Everyone, by Everything But The Girl, is better heard and not watched. I can almost hear the lead singer respond "whatever", to my comment.

Bruce,

I do believe that was a ‘40 Ford coupe in your last video. Around these parts it was the preferred moonshiners vehicle.

Back
Top Bottom