Shower headroom verification

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mijmoto

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Rincon Feliz
Vessel Make
Kadey-Krogen 48 North Sea
Hi All, my wife and I are becoming very interested in the 49 DeFever RPH. The only one that we see on the market (in our price range that isn't a project) has the following description of the headroom in the master shower:

"The headroom in the salon and pilothouse is 6'6", 6'1" in the aftdeck and on the flybridge, 6'7" in the master stateroom, 6'11" in the guest stateroom, 5'10" in the master stateroom shower adn 6'8" in the guest stateroom head. The master stateroom berth is 6'8" long, the guest stateroom berths are 7'1" long and the pilothouse berth is 6'11" long."

This is the 1986 DeFever 49 represented by Curtis Stokes named "Escape". I cannot imagine that the headroom is only 5' 10". Assuming this is true for this particular boat is this spec typical for the '80s RPH models? Is there a practical way to improve the headroom? I am 6'1" and consider the master shower headroom a key feature that a boat must have if I plan to spend a lot of time aboard.

We looked at the 2006 52 RPH in Bremerton, WA and liked everything about the boat including the headroom in the master shower but it lacked stabilizers (another requirement). Beyond our planned budget as well but the right boat could cause the budget number to fluctuate. We are also considering the 49 CPMYs but prefer the RPH. Thanks. Jim

Last edited:
Just heard back from John:

"I am 6' and have clearance in master shower. I'd guess it is 6' 1". Master bed is a queen mattress."

Hi Paul, thanks for the relay. I would like to talk to John if he is willing. We are interested in the boat. Jim

Check your inbox Jim.

Back
Top Bottom