Very Old Paragon Transmission

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

marine nut

Would anyone happen to have a drawing of an old Paragon HF7B2-L that they would be willing to share digitally..* I would gladly trade it for a complete repair manual that I have..

Thanks,

Wes

Attachments

• paragon gear name plate hf7b2-l  .jpg.jpeg
    paragon gear name plate hf7b2-l .jpg.jpeg
    104 KB · Views: 374
Hi Wes, welcome aboard. My boat is a 1975 CHB 34 and has a Paragon box, but I'm not sure quite what it is you want. Do you mean the engine diagrams showing an exploded sort of view of the box...? If so I'll look in the manual down at the boat next weekend and see if I have that - I think I have. Is there any specific part or view you are most interested in...? Knowing what you need it for will help work out what you need.

Thanks for answering..

I am only looking for a dimensional drawing on this EXACT model Paragon.

I am trying to determine the lenght and OFFSET of the gear, and the dimensions of the output flange..

*Something like the attached..

It's buried deep in a boat 1500 Miles away from me.

Thanks.

*Wes

-- Edited by marine nut on Monday 19th of March 2012 07:05:47 AM

-- Edited by marine nut on Monday 19th of March 2012 07:06:15 AM

-- Edited by marine nut on Monday 19th of March 2012 07:06:44 AM

Attachments

• basic drawing.jpg
    basic drawing.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 184
Hi Wes, welcome aboard. My boat is a 1975 CHB 34 and has a Paragon box, but I'm not sure quite what it is you want. Do you mean the engine diagrams showing an exploded sort of view of the box...? If so I'll look in the manual down at the boat next weekend and see if I have that - I think I have. Is there any specific part or view you are most interested in...? Knowing what you need it for will help work out what you need.

Hi Pete. Mate it appears we have the same gearbox :)

I have just pulled mine out and it's a Paragon HF7B2-L (according to the name plate)

Is there anywhere in Australia that you've found that sells a rebuilt kit for these transmissions? I want to overhaul it before she goes back in.

Cheers mate
Hendo

Thanks for answering..

I am only looking for a dimensional drawing on this EXACT model Paragon.

I am trying to determine the lenght and OFFSET of the gear, and the dimensions of the output flange..

*Something like the attached..

It's buried deep in a boat 1500 Miles away from me.

Thanks.

*Wes

-- Edited by marine nut on Monday 19th of March 2012 07:05:47 AM

-- Edited by marine nut on Monday 19th of March 2012 07:06:15 AM

-- Edited by marine nut on Monday 19th of March 2012 07:06:44 AM

Hi wes.
Did you find what you were looking for? I don't have a digital copy of what you want but I can measure my gearbox based on the pic you attached. Would like to get a copy of that doc you've got too if its still going?

Cheers
Matt

Last edited:
Paragon Transmission

I have a drawing. If you would like to provide your email address I will be happy to send it to you.

paragon transmission drawing

I think I figured out how to post the drawing. I hope it is what you are looking for.

Attachments

• paragon transmission.jpg
    paragon transmission.jpg
    197.3 KB · Views: 720

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom