spray foam in boat

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

olesouth

Veteran Member
I have a 50 grand banks that we are replacing the head liner in and there is no insulation so for .75 sq ft you can have the foam company come in and spray it full of foam (open Cell) and closed cell is 1.40 sq ft. has anyone ever done this and what did you find out. do I want to use closed cell or open cell.* And what about below the water line but not in the bilge on a wood hull well it keep water trapped against the walls.

Open cell foam is called a sponge, think about it.

My steel boat (with mostly wood interior) has sprayed insulated foam.

There is no foam in the lower sections of the hull.* It is limited to the ceiling and the sides.

-- Edited by markpierce on Thursday 15th of March 2012 03:32:35 PM

Attachments

• foam insulation2.jpg
    foam insulation2.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 119
  • forward cabin.jpg
    forward cabin.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 96
Personally, I would go with closed cell foam in the overhead. I would never use open cell foam anywhere for anything on land or on the water.

Ok so my thinking with the open cell is that it dosn't hold water it lets it pass threw and it breaths. I was insulation the crawl space of my house and the foam guy's tell me if you get a leak it well stay traped between the foam and the subfloor with closed cell where open cell well let the water go threw and well dry out. so I was leaning towards open cell. I am spray the whole inside with bora-care and then painting with bilge coat paint and then foaming over that.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom