Chris o matics change over

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RobertOdell

I have a 1957 chris craft constellation with twin 6 cylinder. hercules engines. It has the chris o matic or crash o matic setup to the transmission. I want to change over to manual shifter linkage. I have the handles for the helm but I need the bell cranks and all the fittings. I understand this will be used with half inch pipe. I would really appreciate if someone could take pictures of this linkage from the helm to the transmissions. I have been told by some parts dealers that they probably have it but need pictures. Thanks ! Robert

Greetings,
Welcome aboard. Sorry, you're about 30 years to late for pictures of our CC linkage. Hah! I haven't heard the term "Crash-o-Matic" for years. Thanks for the memory. A friend had them on his '56 and we had the manual levers on the side of the helm.

Welcome aboard. Glad to have you here. Sorry I cannot help you since I know nothing about those.

There's actually one of those in a corner of our marina storage yard, but it's been sitting there for years. "Hotel California." It's in very sad shape but I'll see if anything is left for photos.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom