Have you customized hats for your boat?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

markpierce

Master and Commander
Vessel Name
Carquinez Coot
Vessel Make
penultimate Seahorse Marine Coot hull #6
In production:

Attachments

• c coot cap.jpg
    c coot cap.jpg
    221 KB · Views: 63
Not sure I'd want to put them on my boat's heads... :)

They look too good for that.

It started with Ray giving me a hat with the line drawing of his Mahalo Moi.* He took a picture of me wearing the hat leaving the Marina a couple of weeks ago (but hasn't shared it yet.)

Anyway, Perla is having our hats made.

(Ray, did you redo the canvas?* My (sometimes faulty) memory says the last time I saw your GB it had blue canvas.)

-- Edited by markpierce on Tuesday 13th of March 2012 12:52:17 AM

Attachments

• mahalo moi.jpg
    mahalo moi.jpg
    157.2 KB · Views: 55
Mark, I have to say how impressed I am in the way you have totally immersed yourself in your boat project, from its very inception, construction, delivery, fit-out, and now even monogrammed hats.* Good onya mate.* I'm envious.* Thanks for including us in the (dare I use the cliche...?) journey..had to...there was no other word for it.

Oh, and no...I am not going to do go down the same cap road, but I do have a peaked cap with 'Captain' across the front I drag out from time to time to get a few laughs, but usually I wear a free, drug co sponsored shapeless droopy cloth hat, with all round brim, because they afford better sun protection.* Also, the beggars are always blowing into the drink, but are very forgiving of being fished out, quickly rinsed and dried out, and put back on the head in short order.

-- Edited by Peter B on Tuesday 13th of March 2012 03:44:10 AM

Hats, shirts, towels....and that on my fishing boat. I would like to make a mold with the boat name or logo and make some soap. We went to Disney and the resort had little custom soaps. I thought that would be perfect for the boat. Hats look good though.

I had a heap of caps done from the wooden boat shop with my boat name on gthe back and the wooden boat logo on the front.
I also got a hoodie with boat name and home port on the back plus heaps of Ts.
They have some good gear at reasonable prices.

I am a bit of a wooden boat freak.

No hats. Neither my wife nor me are really hat people although I will wear a visor if the sun is bothering me. We do have a doormat that was a Christmas gift.

I'm thinking polo shirts though.

Like Ron I rarely wear a hat. When I do on the boat I have a nice corduroy baseball-type cap from Petersburg Shipwrights in SE Alaska that was given to me by the former owner of the yard. Given the amount of time we've spent in Petersburg over the years this hat has lot more significance to me than something with our boat name on it.

We have hats and various clothing items with our pineapple logo.* In fact I am wearing a Pineapple Girl seatshirt now.* No boat name on it though, just the pineapple.* The same pineapple as on the stern in this photo.

Attachments

• cropped 050.jpg
    cropped 050.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 62
Jennifer--- You may have stated this on an earlier thread somewhere but if so I don't remember it. How did you arrive at the name "Pineapple Girl?"

Marin wrote:
Jennifer--- You may have stated this on an earlier thread somewhere but if so I don't remember it. How did you arrive at the name "Pineapple Girl?"
Hi Marin, my husband will tell you that it was his roundabout way of naming the boat after me.* We have pineapple stuff throughout our home and boat, not overwhelming but definitely a noticeable undercurrent.* I love the pineapple's history*as a symbol of hospitality in the south.*

Pineapple Girl wrote:I love the pineapple's history*as a symbol of hospitality in the south.*
Well, this should probably shift to OTDE but we can't so I'll ask you here:

Having grown up in Hawaii I of course associate the pineapple with over there.* But I had no idea that the pineapple has significance in the south.* Is it a common crop there, and how did it achieve the hospitality status?* I'm going to Charleston in a couple of weeks to direct a shoot there so it would be interesting to know the tie between the pineapple and that region.* Thanks.

Marin wrote:Pineapple Girl wrote:I love the pineapple's history*as a symbol of hospitality in the south.*
Well, this should probably shift to OTDE but we can't so I'll ask you here:

Having grown up in Hawaii I of course associate the pineapple with over there.* But I had no idea that the pineapple has significance in the south.* Is it a common crop there, and how did it achieve the hospitality status?* I'm going to Charleston in a couple of weeks to direct a shoot there so it would be interesting to know the tie between the pineapple and that region.* Thanks.

wink.gif

check out http://www.mindspring.com/~sixcatpack/pineappl.htm.* This is just one paragraph of the lengthy history of the pineapple as a symbol of hospitality:

"Seafaring captains used to impale fresh pineapples--souvenirs of their lengthy travels to tropical ports--atop the porch railings of their homes when they returned. It was a symbol then that the man of the house was home--albeit briefly--and receiving visitors"

Enjoy Charleston.* I love the beautiful houses on the battery.* I imagine you will see some pineapples carved into gateposts along there.*

Thanks for the info. We've shot in Charleston several times before and shot the waterfront homes and downtown as well as at our plant outside the city. I've never noticed any pineapples in the decor but I wasn't looking for them, either. I will this time.

When we first got the Eagle we had work and T shirt make with the name Eagle with an Eagle design.* All my work shirts and T shirts still have Eagles on them, and we also have a lot of Eagle stuff, belt/hats/picture/jewelry/mirrors/clocks/lights/statues.*

No.

dwhatty wrote:
No.
C'mon, David...we all know better than that.* Who can forget that hat?* While it may not be custon in the purest sense of the word, there can't be too many of those in circulation.* ;-)

The Admiral*gave me a custom hat and hand towel, each burgundy,*embroidered*with FlyWright in script matching our transom.* * Very thoughtful and cherished gifts.

markpierce wrote:
(Ray, did you redo the canvas?* My (sometimes faulty) memory says the last time I saw your GB it had blue canvas.)

-- Edited by markpierce on Tuesday 13th of March 2012 12:52:17 AM

Still do have blue canvas. You happened to capture an image without the "pajamas":smile:

RT,

Is your boat's name on the back side? Is it embroidered or stick-on?

I like to put my boat name on stuff, but I'm picky about baseball cap styles, I only like "trucker" styles with a mesh back. None of the embroidery people I've been able to find carry these, only the 1980's style low crowns. I like the truckers, at a certain angle and in the right light they make me look younger :). Also, they fit my pinhead.

Gee, Perla is even having patches sewn onto hats.

-- Edited by markpierce on Wednesday 14th of March 2012 01:59:21 PM

Attachments

• coot patch.jpg
    coot patch.jpg
    246.6 KB · Views: 67
  • coot patch2.jpg
    coot patch2.jpg
    203.2 KB · Views: 79
Pineapple Girl wrote:Marin wrote:
Hi Marin, my husband will tell you that it was his roundabout way of naming the boat after me.* We have pineapple stuff throughout our home and boat, not overwhelming but definitely a noticeable undercurrent.* I love the pineapple's history*as a symbol of hospitality in the south.*

*Stop it, I'm getting all misty eyed

Apache II*** I will take 3* .
biggrin.gif
* A western theme font would do nicely. How soon can you have them ready

SD

-- Edited by skipperdude on Wednesday 14th of March 2012 03:13:10 PM

markpierce wrote:
Gee, Perla is even having patches sewn onto hats.

Mark those are awesome!

Eric, HA HA.*
blankstare.gif

Polo Shirts and Fishing*Sport Shirts*for Stella Di Mare.* The Lon/Lat is where my old*slip is.* Just in case I fall off the USCG will know where to bring the body.* New shirts are in the making with new Lon/Lat.*

download.spark

download.spark

JD wrote:
Polo Shirts and Fishing*Sport Shirts*for Stella Di Mare.* The Lon/Lat is where my old*slip is.* Just in case I fall off the USCG will know where to bring the body.* New shirts are in the making with new Lon/Lat.*

download.spark
*That is a cool idea! Great logo.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom