View Single Post
Old 08-11-2019, 04:17 PM   #1
kthoennes
Guru

City: Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Vessel Name: Xanadu
Vessel Model: Mainship 37 Motor Yacht
Dometic Passport

Always something! 1996 Mainship 370, we have two Dometic A/C units, one fore, one aft. The AC units themselves are both Dometic ecd16k's. The thermostats are both Dometic Passports. Not 1's or Passport 2's (as far as I can tell), just plain Passports. Photo below. This weekend the forward thermostat or control panel displayed an "ASF" code which means air sensor fault. The manual says try swapping the data cable to check if it's a cable problem, or swap in another panel to see if it's really the panel, or replace the panel (around $200). I do have the other one in the aft berth but I'm very reluctant to pop it out of its bezel, disconnect it, and then reconnect it to the foward A/C unit as a tester. The aft system is working perfectly well and if I mess it up, then we've got no A/C at all.

Anybody have any real world advice in this scenario? Should I just spring for a new control panel and take my chances? Or is there anything proprietary or special about that data cable? Looks generic to me, maybe I could get a tester/replacement at any computer store. (I did do a search for prior threads and found one guy venting about a failed Passport II, but that's it.) Thanks.Click image for larger version

Name:	display-only-dometic-io-black-ecd-22200226-passport-io.jpeg
Views:	76
Size:	15.4 KB
ID:	92198
kthoennes is offline   Reply With Quote