Dingy lift attachment

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

4fun1

Vessel Name
No Worries
Vessel Make
Beneteau ST44
Can someone tell me the proper name for this clip 20190809_222707.jpg

I think it's just a "quick release". I'm familiar with it from my sailing harness and tether/inflatable life jacket. Jerk on the lanyard and you're unattached.

Snap shackles are great, but probably overkill for a dinghy lift attachment. You shouldn’t need the swivel and a simple snap hook should work great.

Snap shackles are great on something like a spinnaker halyard where you may want to release it one-handed even if there is still a little tension on the halyard.

Thanks all

Attachments

• 605823.jpg
    605823.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 213
Last edited:
Snap shackles are great, but probably overkill for a dinghy lift attachment. You shouldn’t need the swivel and a simple snap hook should work great.

Snap shackles are great on something like a spinnaker halyard where you may want to release it one-handed even if there is still a little tension on the halyard.
I use a snap shackle to release the davit cable from the stainless ring that brings the three legs of the tender' s lifting lines together. I can remain on the flybridge/boat deck to retrieve the davit cable while freeing the tender to be handled by crew around to the boarding platform and made fast. NOT used in the lift/retrieve process though.

Back
Top Bottom