Does Nordic Tugs have a web site?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Camasonian

Veteran Member
Looking for information and specs on the current and past Nordic Tug models and I can't find any company web site. The logical URL: http://nordictugs.com/ leads to something else. Do they actually have a functioning web site? If not, does anyone know of any dealers or 3rd party web sites that has good information on current and past Nordic Tug models?

They used to have a website at that url. Could be down due to technical issues or they could be running into more business issues.

Yes, but even those sites don't really have information for prospective buyers such as floor plans, factory specifications for LOA, beam, displacement, etc. One can google up that information but but it is hard to know how reliable it is if it doesn't come from the company.

Every other boat company I have looked at, including much smaller ones than Nordic Tug seem to have informative web sites with all the information you could want. I'm just surprised they don't have anything in today's digital age.

How odd. They have had a very good website but now it doesn't even show up on Google or Bing. The factory was very active at the Pacific Northwest Rendezvous in June and had a few new builds in process. I owned a 2000 NT 32 for six years and currently own a 2008 NT 37 and I'd be glad to field any questions if that would help.

No worries. I'm in the boat shopping phase and looking to keep the boat in Portland but ship up to Puget Sound on an annual basis for summer cruising. So I wanted to get hauling quotes for several different models (Nordic Tug, American Tug, Ranger Tug, etc.) to see how LOA, beam, and displacent affects the cost of hauling between Portland and Puget Sound. I just wanted to make sure I had the correct specs for these models.

Basically I'm curious how big is too big if I want to have a boat professionally moved back and forth on an annual basis rather than having to run around the outer coast of WA. I don't own a bit truck and don't have any place to store a trailer so I figured I might as well just find out what is possible and what it would cost.

Olympia is less then 2 hours from Camas and the moorage prices are similar to Columbia Crossings at Jantzen Beach. If you keep the boat there you don’t have to do the transport drill every year, it’s at the south end of Puget Sound. Swantown Marina is a very nice facility. We’ve had moorage there 2 different times and I highly recommend them.

Olympia is less then 2 hours from Camas and the moorage prices are similar to Columbia Crossings at Jantzen Beach. If you keep the boat there you don’t have to do the transport drill every year, it’s at the south end of Puget Sound. Swantown Marina is a very nice facility. We’ve had moorage there 2 different times and I highly recommend them.

Thought about that briefly. But we aren't yet retired and I'd much rather have it 5-10 minutes away and available to use and mess with at a moment's notice on the Columbia and Willamette. Going up to Puget Sound would be sort of a once-a-year vacation thing maybe 1-2 weeks tops every summer.

I'm also thinking that keeping the boat in freshwater in the Columbia would probably be better for the boat year-round than in a saltwater marina.

I am going to throw out $2k each way, at the convenience of the individual trucker. Plus haulage at both ends, times two for R/T. Plus perhaps whatever’s needed to prep and restore each trip (remove mast, canvas, etc). Not sure on fuel load. And of course securing all equipment. Both ways.

Why not just charter up here?

I am going to throw out $2k each way, at the convenience of the individual trucker. Plus haulage at both ends, times two for R/T. Plus perhaps whatever’s needed to prep and restore each trip (remove mast, canvas, etc). Not sure on fuel load. And of course securing all equipment. Both ways.

Why not just charter up here?

Yeah, that's always a possibility. I have chartered Nordic Tugs out of Juneau before. But of course owning a boat one wants to use it. I'm still trying to figure out the logistics of boat ownership in Portland when one wants to sometimes use it elsewhere.

Probably the best solution is what most others seem to do which is get something that can be trailered and just rent a tow vehicle when I want to move it myself. Probably cheaper to find a place to store a trailer during the year than pay for annual commercial hauling. That kind of eliminates all but the smallest Nordic Tugs from consideration and all the other beamier boats and is going to restrict one to mainly coastal crusing the inside waters.

Or alternatively get something a bit more blue-water capable and just run it around the outer coast from time to time.

I asked about the website on one of the owners forums and the response is that Nordic Tug has been having issues with their web provider that should be sorted out soon.

Most people that own boats in Portland that are of any size either take it around the outside or have it hauled to Olympia. Norgard-Kirkpatrick is a local transport company that does that move all the time for Portland area boaters. Give them a call and see what they can move and maybe get some ballpark rates:

Norgard-Kirkpatrick Boat Hauling

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom