Door handle identification

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LaBomba

Guru
Vessel Name
Looking Glass
Vessel Make
Carver 370 Voyager
Can anyone identify my boats door handles. I have a broken spring in one and would like to order one. It has a small sail boat emblem on it. For some reason the Admiral wants to be able to close the head door LOL.

Attachments

• 4CB6EDF3-ACA3-4D2D-8320-9F5819C3CD4A.jpg
    4CB6EDF3-ACA3-4D2D-8320-9F5819C3CD4A.jpg
    137.7 KB · Views: 54
For that type of spring ("mini torsion spring" or "V Spring"), I'd just got to a local ACE or True Value or similar large hardware store (vs home improvement store). Bring the original and I expect you'll leave with a replacement pretty cheap.

They can also be ordered online from any of the usual suspects or bought in kits with a variety on eBay or Amazon.

You can often just eye ball it. But, to order an exact replacement online, I think you need to know the direction of the wind (left hand wrap or right hand wrap), inside and outside diameter of the center coil, the number of times the coil wraps around, the gauge or diameter of the wire, the angle between the legs, and the length of the legs.

But, again, I bet you can walk into a big, true hardware store with the broken part and walk out with a replacement for less than a $1 CAN.

Good luck!

Last edited:
I can't really tell much else from the picture, but it looks like a left-hand (clockwise) wrap to me, btw,

Yes, Ace is the place. I got a spring for one of my door locks there, worked fine.

Thanks guys, don’t have an Ace in Canada but I will try Home Depot or Lowe’s, to start.

Any good hardware store that has a good selection of springs and you should be able to come close enough to make it work.

Back
Top Bottom