SP135 fuel pump nut size

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mike66

Guru
Vessel Name
Susan Helena
Vessel Make
Albin40
As the title, anyone know the thread size for the nuts holding on the fuel pump? 1/2 inch wrench or 13mm wrench fit, but standard thread nuts won't go on past a half turn.

Did you ask Brian at American Diesel? He is the guru.
804-435-3107

Seems to be a mixture on the Lehman engines. The Lehman parts tend to be SAE, Ford parts metric. I use a thread gauge to figure out which one I'm working with before I end up cross threading something. The threads are almost identical but the pitch is different. Fuel pump nuts are a real pain. Not a lot of room to turn a wrench

8 -1.25 mm and 5/16-18 are very close and usually go more than half a turn then ruin themselves when turned more than that . they also could be 5/16-24 . lastly some manufactures use finer thread count metric threads i hope you don't have them they can be hard to find 8-1.0 and 8-.75. durn engineers .
Tim

Bingo on the fine threads! 5/16-24. Luckily my local Ace hardware carries them. I would have taken the one I had to the store to match it, but after trying for a half hour to get it on the stud and engaged with one finger, I just didn't have the will to take it off.
Thanks for your help everyone!
BTW, if you need a fuel line from the pump to the filters on the Lehman, Bomac can make one up. AD can't get them at the present time.

Whitworth threads??

that 1/2-12 ruined many of my days when i worked on White cards(textiles) back when i was 19 or so.

glad you got it figured out mike.

Bingo on the fine threads! 5/16-24. Luckily my local Ace hardware carries them. I would have taken the one I had to the store to match it, but after trying for a half hour to get it on the stud and engaged with one finger, I just didn't have the will to take it off.
Thanks for your help everyone!
BTW, if you need a fuel line from the pump to the filters on the Lehman, Bomac can make one up. AD can't get them at the present time.

I was looking for transmission oil cooler hoses and went on Bomac’s web site. There is a notice that Bomac is for sale due to owners ill health...

Back
Top Bottom