View Single Post
Old 03-09-2012, 02:01 AM   #53
Peter B
TF Site Team

City: Ex-Brisbane, (Australia), now Bribie Island, Qld
Vessel Name: Now boatless - sold 6/2018
Vessel Model: Had a Clipper (CHB) 34
RE: Confined to Quarters

I think the OTDE certainly performs a really important function, and by and large does sort of control itself. Some do get a bit personal, and I agree it is possible to go over the top, and I think the suggestion made by 2Bucks of just removing really bad posts is a good one. If someone gets too carried away, what better way to bring them around than to delete their posts and make clear that is what happened. As to being sent to Coventry for a certain period - I doubt that necessary, but maybe for a repeat offender....?

One good thing could be that I'm fairly sure the new software will have a 'report post' function - most do - so the moderators can be alerted more quickly if things are getting out of hand.

I don't go on OTDE much because it is usually about politics, and US politics at that, and I feel too far removed from that to make much relevant comment. But I enjoy some of the repartee - and yes - some of the jokes...

So Walt, don't take your bat and ball and leave just because of that. However, if you do part with your boat, and posting/reading the forum gets too painful - that we would understand. But we'd still miss yuh...
Peter B is offline   Reply With Quote