AC for 2000 Mainship Pilot 30

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

steve Dublin

Vessel Name
Miss Lucy
Vessel Make
Mainship 30 Pilot II
I am purchasing a 2000 Mainship Pilot 30 without Air Conditioning. Can anyone tell me where the factory installed AC units and thru hulls were installed. The boat does appear to have an air vent on the port side cabinetry in the cabin.
Thanks Steve Dublin
Stuart Florida

On my 2004 34’ the interior layout is different but the intake is in the center bilge channel between the engines and the out is located on the starboard side just below the swim platform. Don’t know if this helps you.

Welcome aboard. You may have a problem doing an installation just like the factory install since they had an opportunity to run the duct work as the boat was put together. It will just take some innovation and thinking about ways to get the duct work in not only where you would like to but where you are able to get it in. It most likely will be doable just a bit of planning. Good luck.

Plan B , Mitsubishi mini split? Pre-charged ready to run.

Plan C, RV rooftop 12,000 15,000 BTU?

Thanks all: I'm thinking of a self contained unit like I had in my 39' sail boat by maybe 8000 rather than 16000 BTU. I Should be able to place it on the port side of the engine compartment and run the duct work forward. Just wondering where the factory put the thru hull for the sea water intake?
Cheers Steve Dublin

I am purchasing a 2000 Mainship Pilot 30 without Air Conditioning. Can anyone tell me where the factory installed AC units and thru hulls were installed. The boat does appear to have an air vent on the port side cabinetry in the cabin.
Thanks Steve Dublin
Stuart Florida

I know this post was a while ago but did you successfully install the AC unit in your Mainship? If so can you walk me through it or pics would be great too! I’m am currently looking to buy a 30 Mainship Pilot that doesn’t come with the AC option.

On my Pilot 30 the a/c unit (reverse cycle) is on the port side under the breaker panel next to the steps. Under and a little aft of the stove. A previous poster is correct it would be a b*&,% to run the duct hose.

On my Pilot 30 the a/c unit (reverse cycle) is on the port side under the breaker panel next to the steps. Under and a little aft of the stove. A previous poster is correct it would be a b*&,% to run the duct hose.

Excellent! I look to hopefully take ownership of the boat by the middle of May and have to install AC in this boat as the docks at certain marinas can have little to no wind ? If you have any pics of the install or the finished product it would be great to see them. Funny thing is that I see that there are vents in the bathroom and at the galley area on this model that we are looking at but no AC. Is that a factory install in all of them to have the vents even know they don’t have the AC option?

Excellent! I look to hopefully take ownership of the boat by the middle of May and have to install AC in this boat as the docks at certain marinas can have little to no wind �� If you have any pics of the install or the finished product it would be great to see them. Funny thing is that I see that there are vents in the bathroom and at the galley area on this model that we are looking at but no AC. Is that a factory install in all of them to have the vents even know they don’t have the AC option?

https://www.trawlerforum.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=127315&stc=1&d=1648821020

https://www.trawlerforum.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=127316&stc=1&d=1648821020

Here you go!
Pardon the mess… only half commissioned at this point. Through hulls are on port, both accessed through engine compartment. It has a separate raw water pump for the a/c, IIRC. There appears to have been a door over the access panel to the a/c. I have no generator or alternator so at this point strictly in the slip operation. Ducting runs in the area up under the railing/walkway. I bet your boat has it installed. If you look in the vents the ducting is shiny silver mylar looking on my boat.
Let me know if you need anything else!

Attachments

• DF432183-618D-4443-9DA3-A68568BB01F3.jpg
    DF432183-618D-4443-9DA3-A68568BB01F3.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 28
  • F51C9E21-9EE3-43A3-9469-CFA6CB3585B2.jpg
    F51C9E21-9EE3-43A3-9469-CFA6CB3585B2.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
You are most welcome

Thats what I have and it works great. No seacocks or strainers to ever worry about.

If you are referring to what’s on my boat, it has seacocks and strainers.

No Im referring to the above about how wonderful the Mitsubishi mini splits are on a boat. You dont have to worry about have seacocks or plugged up strainers.

Ahhhh, my bad. They ARE great on land. I just installed Daiken in my shop. I’m very pleased though it would be tight on a MS Pilot 30. Mine doesn’t have near enough electrical capacity either…

Back
Top Bottom