Mainship Pilot 30

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Greg. Sorry missed the prop question:

My Cummins 6BT 220hp engine turns a 1 1/2 inch stainless steel shaft through a TWIN DISC 2.39:1 ratio reduction gear terminating in a HYTORG “22RH27”, “H-CUP” four (4) bladed propeller. No shaft extension.

Cheers

MS Pilot 30

I too have a 2000 MS Pilot 30 with a 220 Cummins 6BT. I am on the CT river in Old Saybrook. I have owned her for four years. As others have stated I find the room adequate for my wife and I for extended stays. We have had up to 4 people on the boat for a week on a mooring at Block Island it does get a bit crowded.
We are planning on buying a bigger boat (MS 390 or 400) in the next year or so. I am getting close to retiring and we are planning on doing the great loop in the upcoming years. We would also like to spend much more time on the boat with the family in the future and need the extra room.

This may be a shot in the dark, as it's now 4 years after the last conversations in this thread. But I'd welcome hearing about how these boats are now holding up, mechanically and cosmetically. I'm looking at a 2004 Pilot II but - for a change from my last 2 purchases - I was hoping to buy a somewhat newer (used) boat. Probably due to my own OCD-ness, it seems like I end up pulling hoses, replacing wiring and restoring worn surfaces when, in my advanced years, I'd rather be using the boat! Great thread - really helpful for me. Amazed at how many owners are in the SW FL area, like me.

Jack

I'm in St Petersburg with a 2003 Pilot II in St Thomas VI. She's holding up well with almost daily use in day charter business since 2019. Routine maintenance and competent captain is the key.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom