psneeld
Guru

City: Ft Pierce
Vessel Name: Sold
Vessel Model: Was an Albin/PSN 40
flybridge rot

Quote:
wakeybake wrote:
Marin, Thanks for all of the good info. I've found the spot where the water is coming in, so that will be sealed up when it's all put back together. And I'm pretty sure that is the only spot. I'm probably mistaken on the 5200, so let's assume it has the correct product.

I'm not under the assumption that the rot will "go away," but a boat friend here said (in a it's-so-simple tone), "Just inject System Three into it."

Well, being unfamiliar with the product, the conversation didn't go much further.

Has anyone used System Three's epoxies and/or resins? Can I simply drill a few strategically placed small holes and inject/pour their product in?

And I do recognize that doing the job correctly - pulling teak, cutting glass, removing and replacing core, etc. - is the best option, but I don't think I have the means or time to do that right now, without making my boat unusable for the next 3 years.

Thanks again everyone.
*Not necessarily a 3 year job...could be done in a week of 10 hr (not even full 10 hr) days or 2 months of weekends*or so if you have the right temps and working conditions.

If the core is truly rotten in large places that span supports...ALL the injected epoxy in the world won't help.

-- Edited by psneeld on Thursday 8th of March 2012 11:55:36 AM
psneeld is online now   Reply With Quote