ICW Stuart to Daytona

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lipets

Vessel Make
Benneteau Swift 42
In about two weeks I'm heading north,

about 160 miles figuring 2 days?

Not familiar with ICW at all:facepalm:

Any suggestions what to look out for?

mid point layover?

I don't think any bridges are an issue ( need to check)

It’s an easy peasy run with no big issues. IMHO

Melbourne area is a logical layover, good anchoring options especially on east side, but choices for about any wind direction.

Another option is to out St. Lucie and in at Port Canaveral (marinas only) longer haul but pleasant on a nice day. Then either out again and in Ponce, or take the canal back to the ICW near Cocoa.

If you are making really good time on the ICW ,anchoring off Cocoa is fun, nice village and dinghy dock. Mother of all hardware stores, Travis, is a guy's guy kind of place.

Last edited:
If you are making really good time on the ICW ,anchoring off Cocoa is fun, nice village and dinghy dock. Mother of all hardware stores, Travis, is a guy's guy kind of place.

Cocoa Village is a nice layover, however the dinghy docks were destroyed and not replaced.

Cocoa Village is a nice layover, however the dinghy docks were destroyed and not replaced.

Interesting... can't go into the marina around the corner, or just beach it? (I don't recall how practical beaching might be there). We really liked stopping there.

Agree Melbourne looks good about 70 miles.

Don't want to go outside - maiden trip new boat to me.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom