Had to say goodbye....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dkasprzak

Veteran Member
Today the wife and I had to say goodbye to Hattini, the 42' Hatters MY we've been privileged to own for the last 5 years. Sometimes life zigs and you have to zag, so for the near term we will be without a boat. It was an emotional moment for both of us when we removed the last of our personal items and locked the door for what would be the last time.

I will continue to follow the forum and hey who knows, in the near future I may offer boat washing services in exchange for a ride every now and then.

Sorry that you had to part with your Hatt. Looks in nice shape. What year is it?

Today the wife and I had to say goodbye to Hattini, the 42' Hatters MY we've been privileged to own for the last 5 years. Sometimes life zigs and you have to zag, so for the near term we will be without a boat. It was an emotional moment for both of us when we removed the last of our personal items and locked the door for what would be the last time.

Totally understand. When my last cabin cruiser was sold I couldn't bear to visit the last day. My skipper & daughter had to go without me to offload our personal effects/supplies. We were not ready to buy another boat at the time, partially because we just didn't know what we wanted with retirement on the distant horizon. To manage our sea fever while boatless we joined a sailing club that chartered, & spent a few years learning new skills (for me) & trying out a variety of boats. Turned out that we loved sailing so much that, having tried a variety of sailboats, we knew exactly what we wanted--not only the particular boat, but that we wanted to run away to sea on a semi-permanent basis. So we did.

They say the two happiest days for a boat owner..........Then why was my wife balling when we sold our last boat??

She was crying even though we had already bought our current boat prior to the sale of the previous boat.

Your only happy if you WANT to get out of boating. I've never actually heard an active, avid boater claim that one of the two happiest days is the day they sold the boat.

Interesting thread.....Kinda got me sad for a second too. Hope you can get another one.

it's the memories and experiences we tend to love in boating.. and you will always have those to look back to.
hollywood

They say the two happiest days for a boat owner..........Then why was my wife balling when we sold our last boat?? Your only happy if you WANT to get out of boating. I've never actually heard an active, avid boater claim that one of the two happiest days is the day they sold the boat.
:iagree:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom