Kohler 8EOZD Remote Display Option?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jefndeb

Guru
Vessel Name
Indigo Star
Vessel Make
2006 Mainship 400
Hello,

My 2006 Mainship 400 has the standard Kohler 8EOZD 8k Generator installed.

Maybe its just me, but I kind of find it odd that there is no remote panel installed where I can see the current status of the unit such as Power output, Load, Temp, etc.....Is there a Remote Display Option so I can install somewhere in an area so I can just glance every once in a while to just make sure all is OK?

Thanks in Advance,

Jeff

Does your Kohler have an instrument panel mounted on the generator or sound shield?

If it does, most generator manufacturers have kits to remote mount the existing panel. Kits usually include a plate to cover the hole left after the existing panel is removed and various lengths of cabling to hook it up in the new location. Otherwise you can buy a remote panel, if still available.

Check with your Kohler dealer

As for load, your electrical panel should have an amp and a volt meter to monitor electrical performance. Most generator panels include battery/alternator volts, oil pressure and coolant temp.

OK, thanks, I see the diagrams of the panels in the manual but can they be ordered?

The part numbers are in the attached (see around page 68). Try Kohler but given the age of these units you may be better off trying to find one second-hand online. Depending on the display (2/4 etc) you will also need appropriate senders.

Attachments

• 5eoz 8eoz Parts Manual.pdf
    1.8 MB · Views: 16

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom