Clearing Customs in Vancouver BC

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vessel Name
Yet to be Named. PO - Serendipity
Vessel Make
Puget Trawler 37
Hello, we are headed up to the Sunshine Coast and Desolation Sound from Anacortes, Wa and we plan to clear Canadian Customs in Vancouver. Has anyone done this recently using the Telephone Reporting Site at Coal Harbour or Fisherman's Wharf at False Creek? Thanks for any info you can offer.

Last edited:
If it helps we did it last year from Anacortes to Sidney, but i'd assume its the same process. Pull up to the part of the dock reserved for this phone, captain steps off and calls the number, gives pertinent passenger info like passports, and i believe Hull ID # of boat. let them know how many months you'd like to stay, and they give you an authorization number you write down so you can display it in a side window.
Also I recall there is a way to pre-register by emailing the CBSA, which I did. it makes it a bit faster because when you call them, they can find your info already filled out. Let me know if there's anything else i can add to this...

If it helps we did it last year from Anacortes to Sidney, but i'd assume its the same process. Pull up to the part of the dock reserved for this phone, captain steps off and calls the number, gives pertinent passenger info like passports, and i believe Hull ID # of boat. let them know how many months you'd like to stay, and they give you an authorization number you write down so you can display it in a side window.
Also I recall there is a way to pre-register by emailing the CBSA, which I did. it makes it a bit faster because when you call them, they can find your info already filled out. Let me know if there's anything else i can add to this...

Thanks for replying. We've cleared customs using the phone system many times in Bedwell Harbour and Sydney, but never before in Vancouver.

aahh, okay i guess that didnt help then. We did also visit the Vancouver city area you mentioned. What i can tell you is the false creek option is on the way to Granville Island; lots of people rave about Granville and yes its kind of interesting for its markets.... but be aware if you go in there even just to get to Fisherman's Wharf; it is a very hectic busy area, lots of boats and little water taxis zipping around. From my experience anyway, we found Coal Harbour to be more calm and easier to approach.
Also if you plan to do this off and on for a few years... many people find that acquiring a NEXUS ID card is worth the expense; i believe it is about $80/person and lasts for 5 years.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom