No More Brewers Cruising Discount

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

IntoTheBlue

Vessel Name
Into The Blue
Vessel Make
Mainship Pilot 43
We stopped by at Essex CT last week, staying at Dauntless Marina, which was a Brewers. We used to stop here on the way up north, picking up our Brewers Cruising Card, offering 20 % discounts on all Brewers Marina's on our way up to Maine. Great offer!

No More! Brewers is now Safe Harbor and the discounts are no longer.

As always, we did enjoy our stay at Essex and recommend Abby's restaurant on site.

With a strong economy, there are more people out cruising, more boats in general, and the same or fewer slips in many areas. With full marinas, the price goes up, discounts go away, and they look more attractive as investments.

Ted

I've been noticing the name change to "Safe Harbors" from all the old Brewer's names.

Anyone else have any input? Good thing? Bad thing?

I always liked Brewer's, and used the discount card sometimes. Never the cheapest around, but always among the best. Good facilities, good customer service. Change makes me nervous...

Have not heard any complaints from folks berthed at the former Brewers in our area, there are a number of them. One closest to us just put in a new fuel dock, very nice. Slips are all full. That said we stay at a cheaper family run place down the cove.

We love Essex. Especially enjoyed Sea Shanty night at The Gris!
That was our favorite stop on our trip from Newport to Albany a few years ago. Still have my notes from the dinner menu that night: The Gris dinner: mussel florentine soup, sausage sampler, arugula mango salad with ginger candied almonds and feta, poached haddock, liberty lemonade, and warm crusty bread.

Back
Top Bottom