Offer accepted!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nice boat Dave, your gonna have a great time makin her yours once she closes on the deal.
Enjoy and best of luck!

Cheers

Me likey!! Best wishes on the closing!

Well I'm just fizzing fit to burst at the moment. I'm so damned excited I might start lactating!

My offer on this boat has just been accepted!

Now on to the surveys, sea trials, and red tape!

I can't believe it!

!!!!

:lol:

I'll hold my congrats until the pink slip is signed over to you. Good luck. I'm sure they'll be no surprises with that boat.

Congrats and good luck through the rest of the process!

What an interesting boat! :thumb:

Hope the survey goes well!

Jim

p.s. Can we vote on whether the googly eyes stay even after you purchase a boat? :)

A couple of notes/questions:

What is that TGT diesel power device I see a picture of? Not a diesel/electric drive but maybe the generator end of the genset.

The engine exhaust is made up of threaded pipe and is not insulated. That will get very, very hot and will be a safety issue. Insulate it with wrap or fabricated insulation blankets.

The Perkins engine is 85 hp. That is pretty small for a 26,000 lb (light ship?) boat. That will push the boat to hull speed at wot, but run it at maybe 2,200 max for decent life.

David

Very cool indeed! Congrats!

Last edited:

What is that TGT diesel power device I see a picture of? Not a diesel/electric drive but maybe the generator end of the genset.

The engine exhaust is made up of threaded pipe and is not insulated. That will get very, very hot and will be a safety issue. Insulate it with wrap or fabricated insulation blankets.

The Perkins engine is 85 hp. That is pretty small for a 26,000 lb (light ship?) boat. That will push the boat to hull speed at wot, but run it at maybe 2,200 max for decent life.

David

I believe that's T&T which do diesel engine service work of all kinds but I think they specialize in repowers as in generators.

Good luck with the trials and closing, excited for you!

Congrats, now get your credit card ready. When I first googled, I thought you meant this boat:

Interesting boat! Congrats on the offer acceptance. Keep us posted on the process.

John

Make sure you get a surveyor who has lots of experience evaluating aluminum boats.
That is indeed a very cool looking boat! Hope it all goes well and you get years of enjoyment out of her!

What an interesting boat! :thumb:

Hope the survey goes well!

Jim

p.s. Can we vote on whether the googly eyes stay even after you purchase a boat? :)

Sure, we can put that to a vote! lol.

David

Thanks for the tips David! I'm happy to have them, since I'm certainly no expert. The big TGT box is the forward end of the genset. The main engine is aft of that.

Congrats, now get your credit card ready. When I first googled, I thought you meant this boat:

That boat will be coming with me, methinks.

Congrats on the accepted offer, now I hope the survey goes well.

Congrats...she's a looker, Dave! Great layout, too. It reminds me of my favorite boat's layout and sight lines. Hope all goes well during survey and sea trial.

You're gonna love that engine. No need for a wrap on the exhaust as it's not a turbo and the elbows don't get hot enough to need one.

I think it is a great boat. I too would have been interested if I lived in the area.

Very cool boat. I think getting that compass alone would be worth making an offer! Best of luck with the rest of the process!

This a cool boat. I hope all goes well. That Perkins is gonna just sip the fuel.

OP: I remember last year you mentioned living aboard. Is that still your intent ?

OP: I remember last year you mentioned living aboard. Is that still your intent ?

Yessir, that's still the plan. If all goes well, the house will be sold by the end of the year, and I'll be on my way south before the snow flies.

I cant wait.

Make sure you get a surveyor who has lots of experience evaluating aluminum boats.

Agreed, but I was impressed with the floating AC ground on that boat that does not connect with the hull or engine at all. That indicates the builder/owner knew what they were doing.

David

Yessir, that's still the plan. If all goes well, the house will be sold by the end of the year, and I'll be on my way south before the snow flies.

I cant wait.

Nice! Ive been living aboard full time since last October. No regrets!

I cant wait.

Anyplace is warmer than upstate NY in the winter, where you think of heading?

Like the boat a lot may features

Best of luck

Congratulations on offer accepted!

So we should expect you and your new to you boat in Fort Pierce in February?

Ted

WOW! Nice boat! I love the wide side decks, and the Perkins.

Cheers,
Mrs. Trombley

Agreed, but I was impressed with the floating AC ground on that boat that does not connect with the hull or engine at all. That indicates the builder/owner knew what they were doing.

David

MetalCraft has more ABYC Certified Corrosion and electrical people than anyone in the business.

Back
Top Bottom