Cargile Cutter Cruisers, Have you seen these?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Friz:

Cool boat! And I do NOT think it is ugly at all; your boat is uniquely attractive.

When we get back to our home in FL in November, we'd love to visit your unique boat on our unique boat. Maybe we can also raft up with Carl on his Scout, and create a real ruckus.

Do you trailer it much or primarily cruise Florida? We've had some trailering adventures this summer and are presently on the Tennesse River.

Cheers,
Mrs. Trombley

Ben

Exactly, and I did it again. :(

Ben

Exactly, and I did it again. :(

I'm twice divorced and working on a third, even though we aren't technically married. 18 years with a 16 year old son, I may as well be.:nonono:

My ex started to turn into a truly ugly person the day I married her, and went downhill from there. Swore I'd never make that mistake again - 25 years and holding, still (legally) single. Had I not gotten out when I did, I wouldn't be on a boat forum today - I'd be dead of a massive heart attack or a debilitating stroke (or be on death row) - in any event, broke.

Todd

I'm twice divorced and working on a third, even though we aren't technically married. 18 years with a 16 year old son, I may as well be.:nonono:

Married and divorced 3 times, no children at all. No longer are there $400 divorces. The last one cost me over $100K and I was happy to pay my lawyer, her lawyer and gave his a 'lovely parting gift'.
I gave up on getting married. Obviously, I am no good at it. SHRUG
Now I have a sweet, gentle VN house mouse with a heart of gold. And yes, I did tell her, I will never marry again. She has accepted that.

Last edited:
Not only ugly, dangerous

One went turtle on SFBay a number of years ago, during a fleet week show all aboard went to upper deck for viewing,as I remember everyone survived.
Any boat that trailers down the freeway belongs on the freeway.

Yeah, that kind of grazes my feelings. :cry: The boat I'm building is offshore capable displacement cruiser. It is also trailerable.

One went turtle on SFBay a number of years ago, during a fleet week show all aboard went to upper deck for viewing,as I remember everyone survived.
Any boat that trailers down the freeway belongs on the freeway.

A comment intended to stir things up, consciously or not. Apparently oblivious to the outcome of overloading any vessel. Curious if your bucket of bolts could make such a crossing?

Too many people on one side and or up high can make a boat unstable.
Many years ago, (in Chicago, 1930s?) Summer excursion, day trip for a picnic ..... ferry, everyone went to the dock side of the vessel to wave good bye. Boat took on water, sank at the pier, many lives were lost.

Okay, I confess, I own one. "71, LM318, 28'. 600 of them made in the 70's by Alan Cargile in Nashville TN. On the 50th anniversary of the Lindbergh Atlantic flight (1977?) He sailed one across the Atlantic from New York to Paris, unassisted. He had 1400 gals of diesel on board. Amazing story documented in the May 1978 edition of the Ensign magazine. This is a warmer weather boat. No helm in the cabin, only the flying bridge. The cabin is spacious, 8'x14', plus a full head and V-berth forward. Stand up walk through all the way hence the tremendous freeboard forward. I live in Florida. Works for me.

600 boats is actually a decent run for a small builder.

I very much enjoy seeing pics of 'unique' boats, and would very much like to see some pics of your boat! :thumb:

Jim

Friz:

Cool boat! And I do NOT think it is ugly at all; your boat is uniquely attractive.

When we get back to our home in FL in November, we'd love to visit your unique boat on our unique boat. Maybe we can also raft up with Carl on his Scout, and create a real ruckus.

Do you trailer it much or primarily cruise Florida? We've had some trailering adventures this summer and are presently on the Tennesse River.

Cheers,
Mrs. Trombley

Pretty much forgot about this thread. Read your post this morning. Boat has been a trailer queen for over a year - major yard period. I live near Gainesville. PM me when you pass by in November.

Back
Top Bottom