Shout out to Tamsen Sailing Yacht

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rsn48

Guru
Vessel Name
Capricorn
Vessel Make
Mariner 30 - Sedan Cruiser 1969
So I was down at the Victoria BC harbour this early evening looking at the Tamsen, a 170 1/2 foot sailing vessel. Roughly 31 million to build, at $625,000 a meter. A couple with some friends came up and decided to use this boat for the backdrop to their wedding ceremony. The guy doing the ceremony pulls out his papers to perform it when some one - a young lady - notice the goings on and asked if they were about to get married. Others on Tamsen clued in and invited the couple and friends to come on board to perform the ceremony. The day has been one of those cold on and off drizzly affairs so the Tamsen family was very generous to this couple and friends. I suspec they were invited to stay for their celebration afterwards.

Tamsen is owned by the Firestone family, it is private, not corporate owned.

I'm on my tablet so links are more difficult so I'll let you do the work. Google Tamsen Sailing Yacht and you will come up with a few articles and a crappy video.

Yeah...I was moored two fingers down from that boat this weekend until I left about 5AM today. Nice for sure, but mostly big. I actually liked the dark hulled lower profile sailboat that was moored a bit further in toward the inner harbor until yesterday. Also big, but really beautiful.
From your description of the weather, I am glad we got an early start today, also caught a bit of the flood down Juan de Fuca, across Haro, and thru Cattle Pass.

We were treated to a small pod of Orca crossing Strait of Georgia early this afternoon.

I was down at the harbour shortly after your boat arrived. Saw hammocks out and some one in them. I saw both large sailboats. Tamsen is roaming the earth so I guess if you got the money, might as well go big. The crew you and I saw servicing the yacht are all family members if you read one of the web sites discussing Tamsen they imply this is pretty unique for a boat that size.

I am guessing they are headed to Alaska so you might see them in your travels more.

I did see the "smaller" cutter rigged sailboat further down and she is a beauty. The new International marina has certainly attracked some interesting boats and I think it only opened less than a year ago.

Rumour has it that my boat will be off the hard roughly by 15 Auguest, the new motor and leg get installed in mid-July. I have registered for the Victoria Classic Boat Show and I will living for three days at the marina in front of the Empress. Not sure how noisy that will be.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom