Fuel Gauge retrofit CHB 34

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MtHopeBay

Vessel Make
CHB 34
I originally posted on the Taiwanese builders forum but no one seems to be there.

My '82 CHB Tri Cabin has 4 fuel tanks but only 1 has a sight-glass and there's a clear plastic tube set up as sight-glass for the whole system. Did they originally have sight-glass on each tank?

The boat is new to me and I want to track fuel usage until I get used to it. I'm thinking of installing gauges and senders. Is that feasible on these tanks? Has anyone done it? I don't have a NMEA 2k network. I would go conventional electric gauges.

Mike

I originally posted on the Taiwanese builders forum but no one seems to be there.

My '82 CHB Tri Cabin has 4 fuel tanks but only 1 has a sight-glass and there's a clear plastic tube set up as sight-glass for the whole system. Did they originally have sight-glass on each tank?

The boat is new to me and I want to track fuel usage until I get used to it. I'm thinking of installing gauges and senders. Is that feasible on these tanks? Has anyone done it? I don't have a NMEA 2k network. I would go conventional electric gauges.

Mike

Can you put a stick down through the filler opening? If so, mark it and use it to track fuel usage.

An N2K network is easily installed and (IMO) much easier than running dual staton gauges: set up the backbone, install the senders, and run a drop from the backbone to the display of choice.

Back
Top Bottom