View Single Post
Old 07-06-2019, 11:35 AM   #20
C lectric
Guru

City: Gibsons, B.C., Canada
Vessel Name: Island Pride
Vessel Model: Palmer 32'
Ouch Lou. I am very sorry to see that.

I agree though that you NEED to contact your insurance co. who will get a proper surveyor to assess the damage. Even if you and the yard agree that the yard is to do the repairs that surveyor can monitor so a shoddy job is not done.

I also agree that you need to get a whole bunch of photos from both sides and from enough angles that the blocking, however it was done, is clearly
shown .

If this is not done first you may wear the problem however it turns out.
Even if you and the yard come to an amicable agreement about the repairs you NEED a surveyor involved.

NO where near what you have to deal with but I did a repair to my boat after we got hit. FIrst thing I did was contact the insurance co. and they sent a surveyor who was an actual marine engineer with boat experience. As mine turned out even though it cost me a bunch of the summer I would have been covered if my work had uncovered more trouble and the finish of the job had to be sent elsewhere. I asked. It didn't.

In the past I have had angled blocking like that done BUT they then laid a piece of heavy lumber several feet long atop the block to pick up the boat keel angle and that lumber is what took the angle on the block, not my hull.
C lectric is offline   Reply With Quote