Mainship 400 Engine Breaker ON Alerter Tone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jefndeb

Guru
Vessel Name
Indigo Star
Vessel Make
2006 Mainship 400
When setting up for engine start the Engine breaker on the Main DC panel is closed and a loud tone is heard

Has anybody ever replaced the 12v Engine Alert tone with something not so loud and annoying such as something like a car "Door Open" Chime?

I may be off base here but that sound is loud, maybe it is supposed to be loud..it a low oil pressure alerter maybe?

Any an all comment welcome.

Jeff

It is supposed to be loud since it is your low oil pressure/hot engine alarm.

David

Ahh...thanks....should have known.....thanks..

Jeff
Are switching your engine start sw to off when you shut down w the stop button?
At least on my '08 MS 34HT the engine breaker does not trigger the alarm unless my start sw was left in the run position. When starting the alarm sounds as David indicates until oil P is up. Mine will sound when shutting down until I also return the start sw to off.

Well the vessel is new to me and I was instructed to close the Engine DC breaker, there is a Master switch next to the Throttle quadrant which also has to be on, then the start switch is engaged..I am sure this is normal, just checking

Engine alarms are usually critical and need to be loud to make sure they get your attention over engine, wind, wave and radio noise.

Ken

Jeff, the alarm should not sound just by turning on the engine breaker at the main panel. The alarm will sound if EITHER the flybridge OR the lower helm start switches are in the "run" position. Check the lower helm to make sure the rocker switches are not on.

I discovered this when I started the engines from the lower helm then, after driving from the flybridge I shut them down but the alarm kept blaring. It took me a few minutes to figure out I had to flip off the lower helm rockers.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    38.4 KB · Views: 29
Oh ok, yes I see now..thanks...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom