Dauntless at 13 knots?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BDofMSP

Guru
Vessel Name
Gopher Broke
Vessel Make
Silverton 410 Sport Bridge
According to Marine Traffic website, Dauntless is crossing the Columbia River Bar right now and making 13 knots! Pretty fast for her I'd think.

Safe journey Richard.

Just noticed that too. Seas are calm enough I guess that even at the bottom end of an ebb it’s OK.

Go fast Richard ............

We went 11 knots going through Dodd Narrows.

I bet Rich has his hands full at the moment.

Saw another sailboat, Zia, cross in the ebb this morning too. Surprising, because I had spoken with them earlier and they were experienced and careful, and in a sturdy yet modest boat.

Trying to learn from the example of others, but these don’t quite fit the conventional wisdom. All I can guess is there’s a desire to be somewhere before nightfall and the seas are currently very calm.

If I could pick a common asset about FD Krogens, it would be their handling with a following sea. They seem to lift and surf instead of broaching. Rich has plenty of experience with that.

If he is docked in Astoria for a few days we might just meet up. We leave Portland tomorrow.

Looks like Richard made it to Neah Bay, hope he had a great trip up the coast.......:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-07-05 at 8.49.49 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2019-07-05 at 8.49.49 AM.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 65
Back
Top Bottom