Has anyone used trick Davits?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gordon J

Guru
Vessel Name
Didi Mau
Vessel Make
Currently looking for next boat
As I was looking for a new davit, i came across trickdavit.Com. Does anyone have long term experience? My dink, engine and fuel weigh in at about 300 pounds.

Gordon

Not familiar with them and so I'd lean toward one of the excellent brands I am more familiar with. I don't like their not mentioning capacity, but sure it would handle yours. However, my wife and I both had one thought in watching the video as he pulled the boat up and then released it. That thought was how easily he could have fallen in. Holding weight while on the edge of a platform and leaning over the water just scares me a bit.

I have not used TrickDavit but have talked to the owner, Jim, a few times.
I have a fiber glass bottom AB 9' dinghy with 15hp Yamaha motor.
It is too heavy (approx. 250#s) to pull up on davit system I have which is Hurley. The motor end is the main issue.
I ask Trick Davit for references similar to my dinghy.
He will not provide references.
SO LOOKING for some one that has used Trick Davit with similar dinghy. Owner is very nice but no references due to privacy he says.

Any help is appreciated :)

I ask Trick Davit for references similar to my dinghy.
He will not provide references.
SO LOOKING for some one that has used Trick Davit with similar dinghy. Owner is very nice but no references due to privacy he says.

He's probably on the right track about that, but...

If he has had customers who have dinghies similar to yours, he could ask them for permission to refer... and if given that permission, he'd be able to help you out.

He may not have thought of that (you could ask)... or he may not have had any previous customers with dinks like yours... or he may just not be bright enough to see a way forward toward another sale, another satisfied customer.

-Chris

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom