Bridge and lock opening schedules

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Westiculo

Vessel Name
Rose Mary
Vessel Make
42 Grand Banks Motoryacht - 1985
Where does everybody find bridge and lock opening schedules? Specifically I'm looking for the Craigie and Charles River railroad bridges off of Boston harbor here. I know they're closed at rush hour, but heard that the time recently changed. I've also had trouble finding the information for other bridges previously.

Where does everybody find bridge and lock opening schedules? Specifically I'm looking for the Craigie and Charles River railroad bridges off of Boston harbor here. I know they're closed at rush hour, but heard that the time recently changed. I've also had trouble finding the information for other bridges previously.

Should be in the coast pilot.

I use Garmin/Active Captain for bridge opening information. See https://activecaptain.garmin.com/en-US/Map and register to use.

That doesn't mean that AC keeps up with the latest info though. I think one of the bridges you are asking about is the MBTA/Amtrak Bridge.You might have to search the operating authority for absolute current info.

David

Unfortunately can't find it in the coast pilot (all I see are clearances). Also AC hasn't been updated for that specific bridge since 2007.
Any other ideas, or am I reading the coast pilot wrong?

there are websites on bridges and they often have the phone numbers.

also the local USCG and assistance towers in that area may be able to help.

My experience with bridges....their timings can change in a matter of months and the bridge section of each USCG district has to approve, so they have to know.

As an assistance tower, for years I didn't know that one bridge closed after 10 pm seasonally.... I never had to use it till one night...pretty embarrassing... but as you can see all but the bridge or the bridge section at a USCG District may not have the latest.

Back
Top Bottom