Portable Jacuzzi

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Taras

Vessel Make
Currently Boatless
Hey all,
Someone recently suggested buying a “portable jacuzzi” for my large flybridge area. I laughed but then started thinking about it.?
I googled it and they are around 400 bucks, run off 110V.
Obviously the area would need to be able to handle the weight....
Does anyone have any experience with purchasing and using one on board?

Taras

Probably make a pretty good life raft.

Years ago, at a boat show, I saw a portable jacuzzi that sort of floats (at least the top foot or so) next to the boat, and provides recirculating heat from plumbing that is permanently installed on the boat. I almost bought it and have regretted not buying it many times since. I have google searched plenty of times but no luck. I keep hoping someone will make one.

By the way, I looked at the unit you linked. It has a 1,000 watt heater and holds 132 gallons. Assuming perfect efficiency and no loss of heat, 1,000 watts will raise that volume of water only 2.5 degrees F. per hour. So, if you are starting with 75 degree water, and want to sit in 104 degree water, you need 12 hours, but that assumes no heat loss, etc. Factoring that in, I bet it would take 24 hours to get it up to temp.

Last edited:
Years ago, at a boat show, I saw a portable jacuzzi that sort of floats (at least the top foot or so) next to the boat, and provides recirculating heat from plumbing that is permanently installed on the boat. I almost bought it and have regretted not buying it many times since. I have google searched plenty of times but no luck. I keep hoping someone will make one.

By the way, I looked at the unit you linked. It has a 1,000 watt heater and holds 132 gallons. Assuming perfect efficiency and no loss of heat, 1,000 watts will raise that volume of water only 2.5 degrees F. per hour. So, if you are starting with 75 degree water, and want to sit in 104 degree water, you need 12 hours, but that assumes no heat loss, etc. Factoring that in, I bet it would take 24 hours to get it up to temp.

Florida and the Bahamas during cruising season - I would think you start at around 88 - 90 degrees.

My biggest issue was the water itself. I was looking to see if it would work with salt water so as not to use fresh. Couldn't see what the impact of salt would be to that system. Probably not good!

I too remember seeing one that floats next to the boat. I believe I was in Avalon. Looked too cool. That would be a cool toy to have��

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom