Recycle your boat - the pride of the fleet.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Anode

Guru
Vessel Name
M/V Scout
Vessel Make
Sundowner Tug 30'
or...where Wellcraft's go in their afterlife.

This photo was taken by Perry (Otisguy) in Livingston, Guatemala the morning after our arrival. I have several photos but I liked this one the best.

I gave this guy the 'thumb's up' and pointed to "Edith" as he went by.* He was all smiles. From the number of gulls and pelicans trailing him that morning I'd say he was a pretty good fisherman as well as a boat builder.

img_5433_0_2efd56094d1d02805b6d9a86d995c8cd.jpg

The photo is from the Bocas del Toro, Panama to Rio Dulce, Guatemala trip documented in the 'Boater on the Go' section.
I'm home now... but yes....my wife says it was my vacation. It was a great trip.

you could do the great loop in that thing too! Necessity is the mother of invention they say....

Heading north on the Keys, just at the north end of one of the bridges, I noticed a little flotilla of patchwork boats tucked into cove.* One of them looked like a geodesic dome dropped onto a pontoon boat.* We past by too fast to whip out the camera and get a pic.

Has anyone else seen this?* And just what was that?

Speaking of tugs.

Livingston is isolated with no roads. It has an airport but most of the supplies come in by boat. There's a sand/mud bar into the Rio Dulce River that limits the draft to 4 1/2 to 5 foot most of the time.

Here's a couple of shots of one of the tugs and tows coming in.

img_77787_0_9e6caced19f453119af53b9d99f981a4.jpg

img_77787_1_6030844e9fc7b72849ce5017fc7a6013.jpg

Carl:

Wish we could have met up for drinks in the Keys.* We were doing a lot of that!*

Yeah, I love the weird stuff, too.* As long as too much of it is not in my back yard.* Weird is what makes the world interesting.* If everyone was just like me, man, that would make for one dull existence.

- BL

BaltimoreLurker wrote:
Carl:

Wish we could have met up for drinks in the Keys.* We were doing a lot of that!*

Yeah, I love the weird stuff, too.* As long as too much of it is not in my back yard.* Weird is what makes the world interesting.* If everyone was just like me, man, that would make for one dull existence.

- BL
*BL,

I know exactly what you mean, I get tired of one of me
ashamed.gif

This was in the mooring field when we visitied Nantuket in 2006. *Yes, on one of the $65+ a day public moorings. *The supplemental fenders are plastic soda bottles wrapped in fish net. *Oh ya, notice the chimney. *Probably wintered over instead of heading South.

-- Edited by Puffin_NT32 on Saturday 3rd of March 2012 09:37:18 AM

Attachments

• ack_junk.jpg
    ack_junk.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 59
They certainly look like HOUSE boats.

you could do the great loop in that thing too! Necessity is the mother of invention they say....

The loop has been done with jet skis and back in the 50's the "wrong" way buy open outboards .

I am waiting to hear it has been done by a kayak.

Back
Top Bottom