Sparks5501
Veteran Member

City: Portland, TN
Vessel Name: Roundabout
Vessel Model: 2000 Donzi Z275
Quote:
Originally Posted by glymroff View Post
Hello all,

We are in contract for a 1985 CT 35, with survey and sea trial next week.

We have been lurking here for a year or so, and look forward to our transition to the 'darkside'.

The boat is in Rhode Island and we are from VT. We'll be taking the boat to Mallets Bay for the summer and south for the winter, if everything goes well with the survey.

Would be interested in an experienced person to show us the 'ropes' of handling a trawler and getting the systems squared away. The PO is ill and will not be able to convey any knowledge of the vessel.

We've cruised for the last 9 years every winter as far south as Martinique, and last couple of years in the Bahamas (which is our favorite).

I only mention this to indicate we aren't new to cruising, just trawlers.

Looking forward to helpful suggestions.

Thanks in advance...
Welcome to the TF.... I used to sail on Lake Champlain every summer when I was growing up. I have family in Burlington. My cousins the Pages have been members of the Malletts Bay Yacht Club for a long time. Will be up there for a family reunion end of July sans boat.

Working on learning to handle our first power boat. We are new cruisers. Hope to take my boat up there one of these days to do the Upper Loop. There is lots of info and good advise on here.

Hope to see you on the water,

Heather and Mack
2000 Donzi Z275 Express Cruiser
2006 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab Dually
Sparks5501 is offline   Reply With Quote