W-H autopilot

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nightsky

Vessel Make
1989 Wellington 57 motorsailer
Hi all. Our new to us boat has a W-H model AP-4. The pilot appears to be doing things, but the led's on the control head at the helm don't light up. Having a heck of a time finding someone in Fort Lauderdale familiar with this pilot. Tried numerous times to get a hold of Wil Hamm, but his mailbox is always full and a web search shows the business is permanently closed. Anyone have an alternate number for him or know of any technicians that know these pilots?

thanks in advance

Finding someone to repair seems to be out of the question too. Does anyone have any W-H AP-4 autopilot components still kicking around that they want to get rid of?

Its been over 5 years since I visited Wil at his shop. There did seem to be some other folks around at the time, but not sure what their roles were. I just used the number from his website. He was usually pretty good at answering the phone, but sometimes it did take a few attempts. Sorry I cant help more.

My AP4 is still going strong, although its just my backup AP these days and I seldom turn it on. Were I in your part of the world I might be persuaded to sell it, but not very practical to do that from Australia. The units were very popular in the PNW, so perhaps you could contact some of the yards there in case they can give you some leads.

Thanks Brian. Will keep digging around.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom