Fridge/freezer latches

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dz1drwww

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Proper State of Mind
Vessel Make
1993 GB 42 Classic, Hull #1278
Anyone have a source for in-kind replacement fridge/freezer door latches? I have one that continues to self disassemble that need to be replaced. Thanks in advance..... IMG_8319.jpg

Try contacting Grand Banks in Stuart, FL.

For a long time there was a fellow with Grand Banks in Malaysia (Ken?) who helped out with parts but unfortunately he left GB. However, the new person has been helpful and quick to respond to me. Give him a try:

Nazri Abu - nazri_a@grandbanks.com

Excellent thanks to all for the help!!!

I hope you were able to find one.

We just replaced our fridge latch on 1983 GB 36 Classic and it works great. On amazon search for
LATCH WITH STRIKE OFFSET 5/8 TO 1-1/4 replaces CHG R30-9140-5/8 Kason 930 (by for Kason)

I was able to use the latch, lining it up with original screw holes (didn't come with screws so I used originals), and it worked with the existing strike.

Didn't realize what a life-changing event it would be to simply change it. It's the small things, right?

- Michelle

Didn't realize what a life-changing event it would be to simply change it. It's the small things, right?

- Michelle

Yup. I just realigned two latches that were really hard to open. One under the galley sink and on for a closet door. My wife is in heaven. Must say I like them as well. Small things.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom