Old 06-19-2019, 09:44 PM   #11
BDofMSP
Guru

City: Bayfield, WI
Vessel Name: Gopher Broke
Vessel Model: Silverton 410 Sport Bridge
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrew View Post
You called for a Palaver?? You're really making them do the dog and pony show for a seasonal slip rental.
Acknowledged that I didn't even know that word! I'm really not trying to be difficult at all. In fact it's the opposite. I'm really pretty much decided on this place and I'm trying to temper my own expectations. I'm serious when I say that if they told me that they didn't have anyone trained in brand x or had real problems getting parts for Y in the area, I'd just eliminate those from contention in my purchase.

There are 2 serious marinas in this area and 2 minor options. Others are hours away. I don't have many options.

For the record, this place (Pikes Bay Marina) won marina of the year last year for small marinas. I've slipped there and like it for what I've experienced. My concern was that my experience had almost nothing to do with the things that I hear people here discuss, like service, storage damage, poor workmanship with no warranty, degrading docks or flaky electric, etc. I thought it best to discuss these things up front. If that's making them do some unnecessary dance then I'm glad I asked. I'm looking at a 10-15 year relationship here. Better safe than sorry I figured.
BDofMSP is offline   Reply With Quote