The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Welcome aboard.
Yes - do tell us a little more about yourself and what you are considering.
Lots of present / former MS owners here with experience.

We have looked at various other brands as well as Mainship. We want to do the loop, the coast of Florida and just relax. The Mainship 350 seems to fit what we are looking for. I was told that they don’t handle rough waters well and are bouncy. Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks for the information! The information I received was vague and from a broker trying to convince me to buy a Grand Banks. I like the Grand Banks as well, don’t really care for all the outside teak.

I have a teak decking only on my sundeck. Just finished recaulking and refinishing the teak deck. Miserable job, never again. I would not buy another boat with any teak decking.

Thanks for the information! The information I received was vague and from a broker trying to convince me to buy a Grand Banks. I like the Grand Banks as well, don’t really care for all the outside teak.

My last sailboat had no exterior teak, for a reason. My current boat has no exterior teak for the same reason. I'm lazy.

Greetings,
Mr. AS. Ah. The broker...Some good, others, not so much. There is a wealth of expertise on TF as well as a broad variety of opinions. I caution you to take EVERYTHING you read, see or hear from TF and beyond, with a grain of salt until you are better acquainted both with what is on the market AND what you think will suite you best.

Time to start walking the docks, going aboard as many boats as you can and doing more research. Any boating experience thus far?

As Mr. B mentions in post #3, tell us where you're coming from.

Looking for a boat.

I have had experience with 30+feet years ago while in the Navy but since then only with 26’ and 30’. Weekend trips and day trips. We are at this point as you say, walking the docks, talking to people and doing research. I specifically joined this site to get input from as many boaters as I can. It’s always nice to hear from experience. We will be doing the loop, using it as a condo at times and exploring the coastal areas around Florida and towards Texas. We are going to take our time and find the right boat for us.

Back
Top Bottom