Fuel return line on Lehman 135SP

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mike66

Guru
Vessel Name
Susan Helena
Vessel Make
Albin40
Does anyone know if the return has to go back to the tank, or if it can be looped back into the supply line before the pump?
Thanks.

Mike what are you trying to accomplish? My sense is that you wouldn’t want any back pressure on the return line.

Go back to the tank. Part of the purpose of the return is to get rid of any air that might get into supply, route return to supply and air will have no where to go.

Also some engines use the return to take some heat away from inj system.

I'm re-plumbing due to a fuel tank leak, and the present return line goes into a T with the generator supply line, which comes off the good tank. I need to tap off the same supply line to get fuel to the Lehman, since the present supply line for it comes off the leaking tank. Both tanks interconnect at the bottom to keep the boat trimmed, but luckily have shut-offs so I can isolate the tanks.
I'll just return to the tank to be on the safe side.

Thanks.

Go back to the tank. Part of the purpose of the return is to get rid of any air that might get into supply, route return to supply and air will have no where to go.

Also some engines use the return to take some heat away from inj system.

This is especially true for an engine like the FL135 which has an "auto bleeding" injection pump (which BTW works really well). That air has to go someplace and it shouldn't be sent back to the input. There are 2 return lines, one from the injection pump and one from the injectors. They typically T together and then should go back to the tank.

Ken

Back
Top Bottom